Door Viewer

Thread: Door Viewer

Door Viewer

Every one of us shares one thing in common: we take the protection of our family and ourselves seriously. When a tool comes along that impresses me and enables me to do this job better I think of you guys and want to pass it along.

Amazon.com: Wide Angle Peephole Door Viewer Door Scope 2- 3/8" Black Metal: Home Improvement

This is a door viewer and enables you to stand around 4-6 foot from your door and see whats on the other side very very well. It amazed me the first time I saw one and have bought and installed one on my homes entrance door this week, and thought to pass it along.
    -Austin

I guess I should mention that I am not in any way a seller of this item or affiliated with them in any way.

I am just a LEO that takes my families security very serious.
    -Austin

Thumbs up Thanks for the find!

You wouldn't happen to have any pics of this thing in action, would you? Also, is it possible for someone outside to look in?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Q-See QSWSSB 2.4G Wireless Doorbell & Security System

This is another way. I am going to get one for the kids house. I saw one
    at a friends and it seems too work pretty well.
    We both have full coverage with CCTV security camera's but this adds
    the intercom for her.

Q-See QSWSSB 2.4G Wireless Doorbell & Security System

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    You wouldn't happen to have any pics of this thing in action, would you? Also, is it possible for someone outside to look in?
    No someone outside cannot look in. I dont have any pictures of the viewer in action, I will try to get some pictures later on and post them. The way it is set up its almost like looking at a small LCD screen.
    -Austin

I have a similar one, but in Plastic..
    One odd thing to keep in mind (at least with mine) is everything is reversed in the viewer.. In other words, things that appear on the right are really on the left.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I'm looking at a internet based CCTV that has NV,pan/tilt and a two way intercom. This way if I happen to be at work and someone comes to the door my wife can check the CCTV. Then call me if she does not know them and or feels unsafe. I'll be able to log onto the camra page from work and or a smart phone and see who is at the door. It also allows me to talk to whoever is at the door from where ever I happen to be.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    I have a similar one, but in Plastic..
    One odd thing to keep in mind (at least with mine) is everything is reversed in the viewer.. In other words, things that appear on the right are really on the left.
    From what I have read that's the way with all of them. Something to do with the prism technology and making it impossible for someone to look in from the outside. Not too sure really.
    -Austin

Problem with them is when you look through it, the bad guy can shoot you in the eye, I prefer remote cameras
    Roy
    Dacono CO
    CCW, Ruger LCR, Winchester 94, S&W 686-3