Music? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music?

Quote Originally Posted by rushfan24 View Post
    What type of music do you guys like? I myself like just about everything. I mostly listen to classic rock like AC/DC, or Rush (hence the name) and I go for some country when I get on a country kick. So what are some of your favorite bands/songs/genres?
    Back in the 80s my next door neighbor was a drummer and a big Niel Pert fan. We saw Rush about 7 times in those early years, we seen them in Radio City Music Hall NYC, Papers wrote afterwards how we degraded the hall, standing on the seats.
    Those were some good times in my youth, thier music was perfect for the adolescent teen, was real easy to relate to, use to know all thier songs word for word. That was 35 yrs ago, when they were "New" nothin sounded so fresh and real to a teenager. I still listen to them from time to time, and reminse on those days gone by. "The Bell Tolls for Thee" i think has more meaning to me now then it did back then. Good Stuff no doubt. Like your other choices too, sucks getting older starting to knock on the door of 50, where did time go? All Good. Big Zepp fan also, and early Sabbeth. But i do admit country got alot better.

I taught my son how to play guitar when he was 5. Here he is about 5 years ago playing stevie ray vaughn. What do you think

Quote Originally Posted by riffmaker View Post
    I taught my son how to play guitar when he was 5. Here he is about 5 years ago playing stevie ray vaughn. What do you think

YouTube - Cold Shot - Justin, Lenny and Jose
    Ok one more from my son. This is an original song off his CD.

Quote Originally Posted by riffmaker View Post
    Ok one more from my son. This is an original song off his CD.
    oops here it is

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Is it stereo or Quad?
    The record is stereo. Can't tell anymore on the 8 track. Tape is so old it sounds muted at any volume and the label is torn almost completely off. What remains is faded. The last time it was played was about 10 years ago. Those were good times.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

I'm pretty eclectic with my musical tastes. I'm a Classic Rocker first and foremost but I have extensive Blues, 70s R&B, and Classical musical collections as well. My father was an audiophile and because of him I have a healthy respect for the likes of Miles Davis, Frank Sinatra, Pete Fountain, and many others (and on more than one occasion I caught him tapping his toe to my Pink Floyd or Beatles) Working in the nightclub industry has made me appreciate a handful of club DJs who make their own techno music as well. Some of it is very catchy.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Love Floyd , Gilmours' close to Einstein IMHO, Jeff Beck all through the years as well as Leslie West with Mountain. Felix Pappalardi was unbelievable until is old lady gunned him down. (sounds like a song) Weather he was producing Cream or picking along with Leslie on a Nantucket Sleigh Ride. Also got into Wishbone Ash (Live Dates) and Robin Trower. Just love clean guitar work. Of course Jimmy with a Band of Gypsys goes without mention. Listen to a little Johnny Guitar Watson and Albert King in my time as well. Although I think Pat Travers rendition of Born under a Bad Sign is remarkable.
    Nowadays Joe Satriani is pretty dam good with a board as well. Some of his work is unbelievable, some just noise. But again gotta Lov that Guitar work. God Bless Les Paul!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Sorry to kill the thread, maybe I should of added some more. Alvin Lee with Ten Years After, Mott the Hoople, Emerson Lake and Palmer, James Gang or maybe Smokin by Humble Pie. Can't forget J.Geils or the Allman Brothers. Always play "Tied to a Whipping Post" on April 15. (Symbolic thing)
    Had a fire back in the early nineties, lost all of my vinyl. Had about four peach crates worth. Yes, and still mourn.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Let me be the first to list rap and R&B as my favorite genres. Not exactly common amongst USA Carry members I understand, but nevertheless, I love them.

I hope bumping's okay.. better than starting a third thread on this.

I listen to rock, blues, punk, rockabilly, jazz, bluegrass, folk, classical, etc. My favorite artists are Dave Matthews Band, Phish, Metallica, Gov't Mule, Miles Davis, the Bealtes, Flatt and Scruggs, Avery Hester, Allman Bros., Bob Dylan, Social Distortion, Misfits, Danzig.. even bands like Dimmu Borgir, Venom, Meshuggah and Mastodon.
    I'm sure something witty or useful will make it's way into this space, eventually.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast