What got you into shooting? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What got you into shooting?

my dad and our lifestyle got me into guns. a lot of days the only meat we had to eat was what we would take with our guns. see we grew up pretty poor but always managed to have a roof over our heads. got me a daisy bb gun at 6 and a 410 when i was 9. got a dang closet full now...hehehe

Its something I have always done, dad was a ex marine, a OK shooter but after I went threw the advanced rifle class in scouts I was just about the same, that was almost 50 years ago, now we have two cabinets full, and probably 10,000 rds stashed, and try to get out at least once a month

My step-dad was an avid outdoorsman and hunter in Central Fla. He bought me a single shot .22 for Christmas when I was twelve, early seventies, and I've been off to the races ever since. Have always enjoyed shooting but never have shot competitively, at least not yet.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieRogue View Post
    I'm an Aussie the anti's really screwed us so when I moved to the USA I brought my first handgun
    Can anyone, from "down under", even own a firearm anymore? You can thank Soros and Rebecca Peters for that one. My Dad got me into shooting/hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Can anyone, from "down under", even own a firearm anymore? You can thank Soros and Rebecca Peters for that one. My Dad got me into shooting/hunting.
    Seriously? Yep!....a 22 -- in a competition. I know...I just googled it.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

My dad and uncles were bigtime quail hunters when I was a kid which I loved to tag along but my grandpa was the one that got me shooting the .22 rifle by taking me squirrel hunting when I was 8/9 yrs old using his 1941 single shot Springfield .22 rifle which I still have today. Then on my 10th birthday I received my own .22 rifle a Sears Ted Williams semi-auto and then come christmas I got my first shotgun a single shot 20ga Sears Ted Williams. I thought I was schiting in high cotton then! LOL but my grandpa sure gave me all kinds of crap over that semi-auto .22 he would say those guns can easily cause you to create bad habits.
    NRA Life Memeber, GOA, CCRKBA, SAF, OPHA, OFBA, FTA

Chickasaw/Choctaw Indian

I am sorry for your loss, my condolences.

About 2 years ago I bought a Beretta CX4 45 ACP for Home Defense. I figured better know how to shoot it and took it to the range and it was so much fun to shoot that it got me started. Now I have a few more toys and go plinking pretty regulalrly.

9. I've always like guns, but my mom would not let us get one. When I got in the Army, like many others, it was love at first site. That was 22 years ago. My kids know that I have guns and go shooting with me, not so much with my daughters anymore. My youngest son would break himself in half to get in the car when I go to the range. He has always been my 'little' gun buddy. He is 6' 3" and about 220, just a little guy. Always fun to enjoy the outdoors and practice.

I fired my first rifle, a Winchester .22 I think, when I was in the Boy Scouts. I remember thinking, before the first round, that the recoil was going to hurt. LOL

My first handgun was a S&W Model 681 .357

Dad was a former naval officer, avid hunter and fisherman. When he was young the great depression was in full swing. A gun put food on the table as there wasn't money to buy groceries. I shot my first revolver at eight-years-old. He taught me that a gun was a tool and was only as good or bad as the person who held it. God bless him as he passed away in December at age 85. I have such fond memories of shooting tin cans with him. I miss him very much.

This past year I started teaching my eight-year-old nephew to shoot using his Red Ryder BB gun. He's turned into "Mr. Safety." I can see how much fun it must have been for dad to teach me. Of all the different types of classes I teach, none gives me more pleasure than Eddie Eagle.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast