High oil prices got you down, think about this.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High oil prices got you down, think about this....

My simple solution is to DRILL-BABY-DRILL. Lets change the whole World "Energy" Game and start being one of the BIG exporters of OIL. We have it, lets use it. In the mean time, sure let's allow private business to R&D for alternative energy. BUT now, damm it, start drilling.
    Food for your gray matter..........Ever wonder who (s) been funding these tree humpers over the years????
    Ever wonder why we still don't have a National Energy Policy???
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Part of the high price of oil is speculators buying ans selling with out taking physical possession of the product. They just push paper. If they were required to have a place to store the oil and/or had to refine it to buy it, that would put a stop to the oil speculation and keep the price down. Of course we could also drill baby drill and let the rest of the world eat theirs. We could also sell our wheat for the same price as oil, that might keep the price down.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Arrow Don't buy gasoline.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    In principle I agree. However, I don't think we can get there yet.
    I am a firm beliver in voting with your feet and with your wallet. I vote on this issue with my feet by walking and riding the bus whenever posable. I vote with my wallet in that I have spent $46 all year on gasoline. (Actually the time frame is longer than that, the last time I bought gas prior to that was in September.) If we do some rounding off to make things even, I spend aproximately $5 a month on gas, that's voting with your wallet. I am also thinking about purchacing a bicycle, the busses all have those funky looking bike racks in front.

The "drill baby drill " policy is not feasable as the USA only has 3% of the worlds oil reserves we would run out of oil with in a decade or 2 if we used our own stocks, I do believe in voting with you wallets and your feet though

Smoke & Mirrors concerning our Oil reserves and more smoke concerning speculators and the market. Off our coasts, in Alaska, shale fields in the US. We hold VAST volumes of crude for the taking. Yet through Gov't manipulation abetted by industry this fraudulent belief that we have limited oil resources is ludicrous. It's been scare tactic to ensure we have a supply/demand of limited amounts that reflected in our "NEED" to go outside the US and buy from foreign entities. Originally, this idea was to aide and assist foreign Gov'ts to rise to a "better quality of Life". Now it only fuels distain of the US. READ up on the oil reserves we hold. Educate yourself more then just some talking head on the TV. It'll blow your mind!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12