South Carolina Man Killed by His Own Spring Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Carolina Man Killed by His Own Spring Gun

They guy rigged up a spring gun in his rifle case, supposedly to protect his rifles from thieves. When he tried to get a rifle the spring gun worked perfectly.

SECTION 16-23-450. Placing loaded trap gun, spring gun or like device.

It shall be unlawful for any person to construct, set or place a loaded trap gun, spring gun or any like device in any manner in any building or in any place within this State, and any violation of the provisions of this section shall constitute a misdemeanor and be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars nor more than five hundred dollars or by imprisonment of not less than thirty days nor more than one year or by both fine and imprisonment, in the discretion of the court.

Except in this case he didn't get thirty days.

In the words of Homer Simpson if I may, "DOHHHH"

nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    They guy rigged up a spring gun in his rifle case, supposedly to protect his rifles from thieves. When he tried to get a rifle the spring gun worked perfectly.

The real irony is that if he had been convicted of setting up a trap gun he would have possibly forfeited his right to own the very weapons he was trying to protect. I would be willing to bet that if this thing had killed someone he could have gone to jail for manslaughter.

As it is however his heirs will get his guns.

EDIT - I wonder if he'll get a Darwin Award?

Wow that link goes to a liberal rag forum with nothing but bad news stories about guns........what a surprise
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

8. Poor guy just didn't remember. He should have put a big warning lable on the safe door. Maybe that would have triggered his memory.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Maybe that would have triggered his memory.
    I take it that was pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by twogunwilly View Post
    Wow that link goes to a liberal rag forum with nothing but bad news stories about guns........what a surprise
    I looked through the site and there are a lot of news reports of accidents with guns.

But there are also lots of news reports about people protecting themselves with firearms and people being killed or injured by criminals with firearms.

With the exception of one post labeled "Guest Opinion" there doesn't seem to be either a pro-gun or anti-gun slant to the site.

Do you find information about gun accidents, stories about people protecting themselves with guns, and stories about people being vulnerable to crime "liberal"?

I find them informative.

What part of "gun safety" is liberal or conservative in your opinion?

Do you think ItsTactical is a "liberal rag" for posting this:

SAFETY WARNING! Worn Leather Holsters Can Cause Accidental Discharges!

A bud has a can of BP open in his safe. If a crook uses a torch to cut it open he will be in for a big surprise. Tried to tell him that things like that were against the law but he just shrugged it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast