Danger for our children! Warning! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Danger for our children! Warning!

For a good laugh and a retort to such silliness, Google search George Carlin's "F**k the Children". Great stuff.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

For some strange reason I fell like grabbing the scissors and running down the hall with them.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Now where did I put that BB gun???

Don't you guys understand?! We are just citizens that know very little. We need them to help us make day to day choices. Where would we be today if it wasn't for all the government "help"???

Quote Originally Posted by ShortStop View Post
    Don't you guys understand?! We are just citizens that know very little. We need them to help us make day to day choices. Where would we be today if it wasn't for all the government "help"???
    That's why we keep re-electing them
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

The reality is that adult life's a game of dodgeball and we throw hard. The wolf is always at the door. The first rule of business is "when you see his knees start to weaken, kick him in the teeth."

Geez we can't even keep score at kids soccer becuse we don't want anyone to feel like a loser. Guess what happends when you come to work for me? Performance reviews, demanding schedules and stress. That's the way of the world and it isn't going to change. I can see it now. Will our future adults be prepared? Doubtful, they'll be in therapy because life hurts.

Parents cater to every want of their child. McDonalds eating, couch potatos lacking exercise. Hell, they don't even walk anymore. We're raising a new generation of fat kids on wheelie sneakers with corpal tunnel syndrome from the video joystick.

Twisted perspective, I know.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

fuhr52 you live in a better part of the state then I do so you might not see this as much as me, but the other day while I was doing a hand dig in a front lawn that was 8' deep 10' long with two other guys helping guess what the city of Portland drives by with! One truck painting lines, One truck following with an electric reader sign that says Caution wet paint and 5 city of Portland trucks driving behind him!!!! FIVE!!! What the hell are those 5 trucks doing driving around wasting our tax dollars? But that's what the government wants, they want all of us jammed in little battery cars or on the city train or bus and control everything we do and regulate all these little jobs like spraying paint on asphalt. ANYWAYS.... I guess we should all just listen to these guys in Government because they sit in an office all day and went to a school somewhere that made them qualified to decide good and bad for all of us. Makes sense right? NO! They needle us until they take a little thing away then they needle us more and get one more little thing from us. Next thing we know they have a warehouse full of needles that were used to strip us of our rights and our country! I will now step off of my soap box. Thanks for reading.

ShortStop, I live in a different part of the state but we have the same government know it all's forcing us into mass transit. Using our road tax dollars to build bike paths and trying to take away our freedom to come and go when and where we please.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12