Need motivations to remain interested in carrying.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need motivations to remain interested in carrying.

Need motivations to remain interested in carrying.

Please bear with me on this one.

I moved to Phoenix from Paris, 7 years ago and been carrying ever since. Up to the last five months, I went to the range at least twice a week. Then I lost my job and shortly after that my marriage went out the window. And here is a twist for you, I would like to move TO California.

I have reach a point in my life, where am not sure if i see a point in keep carrying a firearm in every day life. I know most of the arguments for carrying, being women and a victim, but I am not sure I believe in them myself anymore.

Being broken, and as far down as I am now, I am desperately looking for a change. Now that my husband is no longer here, I do not see a reason to stay in Phoenix. The heat is killing me. Its mid may and we have already had triple digits, the excuses for leaving the gun at home far out numbers the reason to put it on the belt every morning.

Also, getting into a career change, from being a car rental rep to a real estate agent, there should be even more reason to carry. But to be it has only become a burden.
    After reading on this board, I see many people moving FROM California but going into the world of Real Estate and business, I for some reason would like to TO somewhere between San Francisco, Los Angeles or Santa Ana.

Now, more then ever, the reason to do what I want is here. Going back to school for a degree in International Business. For some reason I miss the feeling of walking around in the San Francisco financial district. I don't even know if Phoenix have a financial district. I also know I would be losing my gun rights in SF, but if I attend Santa Ana College, how are the rules and regulations down there?? Is it just my imagination or is SF City college or Santa Ana college better in the world of business then say Scottsdale College or Paradise Valley?

Is the right to bear arms a solely reason to stay in Phoenix? While I know there is other places I could move to get "better" weather, or at least slightly lower temps then here in Phoenix. But if I move, it would be either to the SF area, or the LA area.

Sorry for making you read all this, but I would just like some others people prospective on this..Thank you for reading, and thank you for any advice you might have.

-Maria.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariag View Post
    Please bear with me on this one.

I moved to Phoenix from Paris, 7 years ago and been carrying ever since. Up to the last five months, I went to the range at least twice a week. Then I lost my job and shortly after that my marriage went out the window. And here is a twist for you, I would like to move TO California.

I have reach a point in my life, where am not sure if i see a point in keep carrying a firearm in every day life. I know most of the arguments for carrying, being women and a victim, but I am not sure I believe in them myself anymore.

Being broken, and as far down as I am now, I am desperately looking for a change. Now that my husband is no longer here, I do not see a reason to stay in Phoenix. The heat is killing me. Its mid may and we have already had triple digits, the excuses for leaving the gun at home far out numbers the reason to put it on the belt every morning.

Also, getting into a career change, from being a car rental rep to a real estate agent, there should be even more reason to carry. But to be it has only become a burden.
    After reading on this board, I see many people moving FROM California but going into the world of Real Estate and business, I for some reason would like to TO somewhere between San Francisco, Los Angeles or Santa Ana.

Now, more then ever, the reason to do what I want is here. Going back to school for a degree in International Business. For some reason I miss the feeling of walking around in the San Francisco financial district. I don't even know if Phoenix have a financial district. I also know I would be losing my gun rights in SF, but if I attend Santa Ana College, how are the rules and regulations down there?? Is it just my imagination or is SF City college or Santa Ana college better in the world of business then say Scottsdale College or Paradise Valley?

Is the right to bear arms a solely reason to stay in Phoenix? While I know there is other places I could move to get "better" weather, or at least slightly lower temps then here in Phoenix. But if I move, it would be either to the SF area, or the LA area.

Sorry for making you read all this, but I would just like some others people prospective on this..Thank you for reading, and thank you for any advice you might have.

-Maria.
    Short sweet and to the point. If you need any of us to try and talk to into continuing to carry a firearm in your daily life, then the answer is no. If your in the mindset of needing to be talked into carrying firearm then I would hang it up.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

You make your personal life decisions based on what is best for YOU, not based on the opinions of a group of strangers who don't even know you.

However, you don't have to carry a gun in order to be a supporter of gun rights. You don't have to strap one on your hip in order to defend the right of the rest of us to do so. If you feel uncomfortable carrying, or you no longer choose to, that is also your right.

Just remember how you feel about the right to keep and bear arms. Exercise your right to vote for those who represent how you feel. Defend us when the need arises so that we may defend you if the need arises.

If the ability to protect yourself from rape, murder, or other depredations by feral humans doesn't do it for you, I don't know what will.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

If your circumstances have you really depressed, it might be a good idea to not carry for awhile. If I read between the lines too much, I apologize in advance.

I carry because I want to not because anyone pushed me to or given me the motivation to. It is all up to you. Your call. As for moving to Kali, we used to live there too...and the reason we are here where we are now? -- Castle Doctrine.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

8. Decorum prevents my candor on this one...something I rarely do. I will only say You Seal Your Fate With The Choices You Make!
    I don't necessarily mean everything I say, I just do it to see the [email protected]@K on your face - HueMan 1998

Maria: Obviously your life has taken some bad turns but think before you leap. You may quit carrying today and wish tomorrow that you hadn't. I would definitely keep my weapon(s), not get rid of them. You have an investment of time and money in them and, they don't eat, so they won't be a drain on your purse. I have lived in California and there are some good people out there but a lot of restrictions on most things I like to do. Wouldn't be worth the move for me. Turn up your air conditioner until you are sure of what you want to do.

My move to the San Francisco Bay Area was a huge turning point in my life.
    Despite being an expensive and very restrictive state in many ways(not just with guns), moving there was one of the best things I ever did. I found great friends and opportunities there.
    I was only there for 5 years before I moved out. When the Dot Com bust happened, there just wasn't enough work to go around for what I was interested in. Real Estate had a huge crash everywhere, but California was especially hard hit. Perhaps things are so far down that there's a lot of opportunity there now. I don't know.

Regardless of where you go, your choice to carry is only something you can decide on. I wish you the best of luck wherever you go and whatever you choose.

Tough call. Personally I am a realist, your job pays for everything else in your life so you should go for the best job opportunity. With that I mean highest standard of living (wages in relation to costs of living). There's no point in being in a gun friendly state if you are broke and jobless and have to pawn off the gun in the end.

Personally, I value the right to own and carry a firearm very highly since I was born in a country where there's no such thing - unless you choose a criminal career path.

I wish you the best of luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast