Cooking with cast iorn.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooking with cast iorn.

Question Cooking with cast iorn.

How many people cook with cast iron pots and pans? I'm not talking about when your camping, I'm talking about in the kitchen at home.

I have been cooking with them for about a two months now and I love it.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

My wife and I have used cast iron for cooking for years.

Quote Originally Posted by jelo45110 View Post
    My wife and I have used cast iron for cooking for years.
    Nice! We got feed up with the cheap china made sets that cost over 100 and only last a few years before they fall apart. Even the higher-high end stuff is made in china(maybe not the whole thing but parts of it are.) When you get use to cooking with cast iron it really becomes fun.

I recomend Emerilware's line of cast iron cookware. And to be honest I am not a fan of Emeril Lagasse. Elzarr the spoof of Emeril on Futurama, now there's a chef.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I recomend Emerilware's line of cast iron cookware. And to be honest I am not a fan of Emeril Lagasse. Elzarr the spoof of Emeril on Futurama, now there's a chef.
    We use lodgecabin cookware MADE IN THE USA!!!! Pricey yes, but money well spent!

http://www.lodgemfg.com/

We have some Lodge cast iron but my wife actually found several pieces in a scrap metal pile a nieghbor was getting rid of. She brought it home cleaned it and seasoned it and went to town. She also has several tortilla flats that she uses when she makes tortillas.

The only problem we've had was making scalloped potatoes in the dutch oven, they sat just a little too long and took on the iron taste
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

i have a emerilware cast iorn pan that i just used tonight to make some sirloin steaks, i love usin them for steaks and chicken!

I've been using a cart iron skillet for my steaks lately. I also have two Fontignac Dutch ovens that I use all the time. I made Shrimp Creole last night in one.

10. There ain't nothing better than buttermilk cornbread in the iron skillet, makes the bottom nice and crispy. If you really want to jack up your cholesterol put some strips of bacon in the bottom of the pan then pour the batter in and bake. You talk about good, I like to make my over easy eggs in a iron skillet also.

11. I have 2 Lodge #8 (10 inch) skillets. One is used only for cornbread (it was one of my mother's wedding presents and is probably 50 years old). The other I picked up about 10 years ago at the Lodge store north of Atlanta around Commerce, GA and I use it for pretty much everything else. I also have a griddle that gets occasional use and a 6 inch Lodge skillet that is used mainly for the occasional fried egg.

The trick to baking cornbread is to preheat the skillet on the stove top over low heat and to put in your oil or grease at that time. I cook my cornbread at 500 degrees for 15 minutes. It comes out with a crisper crust that way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast