I Have Only TWO Questions for You - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Have Only TWO Questions for You

I've used several screen names over the years. I used to go by Deptydog when I first started going online. That one came from my nickname when I was an MP in the Army. My squad leader gave me the name Deputy Dog. However, the first ISP that I used back in the early 90's would only allow 8 characters for a screen name.

Then I found that a lot of people were wanting to use the same name, so I became Deptydog90, the 90 referring to the year I left the military.

About 2 years ago, I started my own forum based on local issues. I chose the name Lakeland Man (or LM as was called most of the time) because it is where I live.

On a Disney forum I used to go to, I used the name "One Year Pin" because at the time I signed up, I had just completed my first year working at Walt Disney World and had just been awarded my one year pin for my nametag.

My favorite western movie is Tombstone. I've got the rigg and my name is John, need I say more?
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Mine comes from the fact that I was a Combat Arms Instructor in the Air Force for 22 years. We wore Red Caps with CATM (Combat Arms Training and Maintenance) in black letters on them to signify who we were and as a symbol of authority on the firing line. Everyone called us Red Hats...

Combat Arms Training and Maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

initials and year I was born.

DJ58
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

6. My screen name is one of two call signs that I used in the past. The phase 'Hoo-Ah' is the Army way of answering a question or responding without stating anything. Basic Training at Fort Sill, OK is changing this, since the phrase can also be used in a derog manner.
    For all of those, my brothers and sisters in arms, thank you for your undying honor.

Strike First, ALWAYS!!

Mine is just a fact of my life, never know when or how long I might be gone! I could be sitting next to you and say "Seeya", or "Seeyawhen" and I'm gone!
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

I'm an ex-Navy Hospital Corpsman, and took care of a lotta Marines. I was told that "Hooah!" is derived from H.U.A., which stands for "Heard. Understood. Acknowledged."
    But... that's just what I was told by a Marine!

In Greek mythology, Horkos (Greek: ὅρκος) personifies the curse that will be inflicted on any person who swears a false oath.[1] In his Works and Days, Hesiod states that the Erinyes (Furies) assisted at the birth of Horkos, "whom Eris bore, to be a plague on those who take false oath".[2]
    Hesiod's Theogony identifies him as the son of Eris ("strife") and brother of Ponos ("toil"), Limos ("starvation"), the Algea ("pains"), the Hysminai ("fightings"), the Makhai ("battles"), the Phonoi ("murders"), the Androktasiai ("man-slaughters"), the Neikea ("quarrels"), the Pseudologoi ("lies"), the Amphilogiai ("disputes"), Dysnomia ("lawlessness"), Atė ("ruin"), and Lethe ("forgetfulness").[3]
    One of Aesop's Fables tells the story of a man who took out a deposit from a friend with the intention of keeping it for himself. When the friend asked him to swear an oath regarding the deposit he recognised the danger and prepared to leave town, and while on the road he met a lame man who was also on his way out of town. When asked, the lame man said that he was Horkos (Oath), and that he was on his way to track down wicked people. The man asked Horkos how often he returned to the city, to which he replied, "I come back after forty years, or sometimes thirty." Believing himself to be free from danger, the man returned to his friend the following morning and without hesitation swore that he had never received the deposit. Within the day, Horkos had found him and dragged him to the edge of a cliff and, protesting, the man asked how the god could have said he was not coming back for thirty years when in fact he didn't even grant him a day's reprieve. Horkos replied, "You also need to know that if somebody intends to provoke me, I am accustomed to come back again the very same day."[4]

My calling card is obvious too...though the photo is not of Tucker, but my other rottenweiler who died two years ago. On his last weigh-in two weeks ago he tipped the scale at 129.9 lbs. I should actually change the photo. I just took a new one of him this yawning...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    50AE is a caliber designation. AE stands for action express: two pistol cartridges use this designation. The .41AE was the first atempt to create a 10mm/40caliber autopistol cartridge. The design uses a rebated rim, meaning that the rim is smaller than the case wall diameter, and in the case of the 41AE the rim is the same size as a 9mm luger. The reason for using this odd design is so that a pistol could be developed off of existing nine mm platforms without changing the extractor mechanism.

The 50AE also uses a rebated rim in this case being to same size as the 44mag rim. This was done to make cartridge compatable with the Israelil Desert Eagle pistol. Acardia Machine and Tool also made a pistol, the AutoMag V, for this cartridge. L.A.R. made an oversized 1911 named the Grizzley which could be had in 50AE and IMHO would probably be the only 1911 design worth owning. Single action revolver fans are not to be left out, Freedom Arms made a model 555 holding five rounds of 50AE.

As an interesting twist Corbon Ammo and Magnum Research (Importers of the Desert Eagle) colaborated to make the .440 Corbon, a unique cartridge that is both bottle necked and uses a rebated rim. The .440 Corbon is a 50AE necked down to take a .44 bullet.
    See? You really do learn something new every day.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast