I Have Only TWO Questions for You - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I Have Only TWO Questions for You

"Naybor" was my CB "handle" many moons ago when CB was in fashion. My neighbor was the one that got me into it and the name stuck.

"A free people should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from anyone, including their own government. ~ G. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Naybor View Post
    "Naybor" was my CB "handle" many moons ago when CB was in fashion. My neighbor was the one that got me into it and the name stuck.
    10-4 on that.

Now I feel like I should change mine...
    nraynes. My name is Nathan Raynes, yeah not very creative but better then some of my nick names.

Okay, I'll do the first question...

I've been a dedicated windsurfer for many years, traveling all over the world chasing the winds.

A "jibe" is a high-speed, downwind, 180-degree turn that is invaluable when racing or just cruising in high wind conditions. It's a complicated maneuver that involves carving the board downwind while flipping the sail and your feet when the board "comes around". The key to a successful carving jibe is to stay very low (flexed knees) on the board while looking like a "frog-in-a-blender" as you move to the other side/direction. Good windsurfers practice jibes all the time.

Being 6' 1" with a 30" inseam, I'm the perfect build to stay low during a jibe. Some twenty years ago in Aruba, I was competing in a series of triangular races and many of my competitors were impressed with my ability to get so low during a jibe. That evening, over a campfire and plenty of margaritas, the song "Low Rider" (remember the movie "Up in Smoke") was playing on the beach boom-box. As the chorus ("Low Riiiider") of the song came around, almost everyone started pointing at me singing "Low Jiiiiiber" and the name stuck.

For over twenty years, I've been called "Lowjiber" on the beaches around the world...."Low" for short. I think many of the newer folks don't actually know my real name (John)...They just call me "Low".

There is even a little-known song that was written by someone in the University of Florida windsurfing team that is a parody of the original song. It's about "The Lowjiber".

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    Okay, I'll do the first question...

I've been a dedicated windsurfer for many years, traveling all over the world chasing the winds.

A "jibe" is a high-speed, downwind, 180-degree turn that is invaluable when racing or just cruising in high wind conditions. It's a complicated maneuver that involves carving the board downwind while flipping the sail and your feet when the board "comes around". The key to a successful carving jibe is to stay very low (flexed knees) on the board while looking like a "frog-in-a-blender" as you move to the other side/direction. Good windsurfers practice jibes all the time.

Being 6' 1" with a 30" inseam, I'm the perfect build to stay low during a jibe. Some twenty years ago in Aruba, I was competing in a series of triangular races and many of my competitors were impressed with my ability to get so low during a jibe. That evening, over a campfire and plenty of margaritas, the song "Low Rider" (remember the movie "Up in Smoke") was playing on the beach boom-box. As the chorus ("Low Riiiider") of the song came around, almost everyone started pointing at me singing "Low Jiiiiiber" and the name stuck.

For over twenty years, I've been called "Lowjiber" on the beaches around the world...."Low" for short. I think many of the newer folks don't actually know my real name (John)...They just call me "Low".

There is even a little-known song that was written by someone in the University of Florida windsurfing team that is a parody of the original song. It's about "The Lowjiber".
    Hey that's pretty sweet! We have a fair windsurfing population here on Lake Pend Oreille, and I know it's huge down in the Columbia River Valley. As for myself, the most technical prowess I have achieved is rolling a kayak.

7. Rotjovi = A Rottweiler named Jovi!!!

Jester was my nickname back in college. I can't for the life of me remember who gave it to me or why but it has stuck with me all these years. 0925 is a date Sept 25. The date no longer has any meaning but it's easy to remember since I have had it so long.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456