Dec 21, 2012 AKA TEOTWAWKI - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dec 21, 2012 AKA TEOTWAWKI

Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    Thats not exactly true... I have always been taught that god helps those who help themselves.. Why should we leave our own survival in gods hands? doesn't he have enough to do running the galaxy? If a minimum amount of research and some common sense are all that is needed to discern fact from fiction, than we should do it ourselves... After all isn't god the one who gave us the ability to think? So I ask you, why do you think god gave you that brain? I don't think he gave it to you to help fill up the empty space in your noggen.... If I have learned one thing in this life, it is that god doesn't micro manage... Leaving your future in gods hands is a waste of the tallent he gave you and you deserve whatever fate awates you. Think about it like this, if god managed every little detail in our lives than he would surley make the wrongs right for everyone... Thats not how it works, god gave us the ability to reason and think, he gave us the ability to make our own choices... He gave us those tallents for a reason... I suggest you use yours......
    "God helps those who help themselves" is a quote by Ben Franklin in Poor Richards Almanac. The quote is contrary to anything God has to say about His relationship to man, as is the rest of your analysis. Like I said, "Those who reject the truth can only believe a lie". I suggest that you practice what you preach in reference to a minimum amount of research and some common sense. It's much harder to conceal your ignorance than it is for you to acquire some knowledge.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    "God helps those who help themselves" is a quote by Ben Franklin in Poor Richards Almanac. The quote is contrary to anything God has to say about His relationship to man, as is the rest of your analysis. Like I said, "Those who reject the truth can only believe a lie". I suggest that you practice what you preach in reference to a minimum amount of research and some common sense. It's much harder to conceal your ignorance than it is for you to acquire some knowledge.
    DUDE I don't know who you are, but you have it all wrong.. Ben franklin may have said that, but it is sound thinking. Many of Ben Franklins quotes were very intelegent. he was a smart man.. However even if you disregaurd Ben's quote, the rest of my logic is sound. I have read the bible and lived life for 54 years. In that time Life experiance has taught me that God is not there looking over my shoulder 24/7... Nor is he looking over yours... What happens in your day to day life, good or bad is not directly related to what god is doing... If I buy a can of soda at the store and walk out into the parking lot and drop it on the ground and it breaks, it was not gods will that I not drink that soda. God doesn't work that way. If you get married and some years later suffer a nasty divorce, it wouldn't be because it was gods will, that you not continue your relationship.

Of all of the creatures here on earth, we are the only ones who have higher intelligence, even thought there are creatures like the alligator who have been around for hundreds of thousands of years, possibly even millions of years who have not developed higher intelligence... That is no accident. We have more brain power for a reason... If you don't beleive me, ask your minister, why do we have a brain? If all we really need to survive this world is faith in god, why do we have the ability to independently think.

We were given a gift, it would be rude not to use it. Now Make no mistake, I don't care if you believe me or not, makes no difference to me at all, just don't ever say no one ever told me.

Now do what ever you like, just don't insult my intelligence again.
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    Now do what ever you like, just don't insult my intelligence again.
    God is in control. You don't take one breath of air that God doesn't allow you, your heart doesn't beat one more time that God doesn't allow it. You said that you've read the Bible? I guess you missed the part where God said He created our our world in "six days"? That's just a starting point. The Bible doesn't contradict itself, it does however contradict you. Everything you say makes it crystal clear that you've never read the Bible. I don't have to insult your intelligence, your doing a good job of that all by yourself.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Aw, boys! C'mon, religious debate? You know this can only end badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Those who reject the truth can only believe a lie. Only those who don't believe the word of God burden themselves with "theories" and "possibilities" concerning the end of the world as we know it.
    That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane -
    Lenny Bruce is not afraid. Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn -
    world serves its own needs, regardless of your own needs. Feed it up a knock,
    speed, grunt no, strength no. Ladder structure clatter with fear of height,
    down height. Wire in a fire, represent the seven games in a government for
    hire and a combat site. Left her, wasn't coming in a hurry with the furies
    breathing down your neck. Team by team reporters baffled, trump, tethered
    crop. Look at that low plane! Fine then. Uh oh, overflow, population,
    common group, but it'll do. Save yourself, serve yourself. World serves its
    own needs, listen to your heart bleed. Tell me with the rapture and the
    reverent in the right - right. You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright
    light, feeling pretty psyched.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
    It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign tower. Slash and burn,
    return, listen to yourself churn. Lock him in uniform and book burning,
    blood letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate. Light a candle,
    light a motive. Step down, step down. Watch a heel crush, crush. Uh oh,
    this means no fear - cavalier. Renegade and steer clear! A tournament,
    a tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives
    and I decline.

The other night I tripped a nice continental drift divide. Mount St. Edelite.
    Leonard Bernstein. Leonid Breshnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs.
    Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom! You symbiotic, patriotic,
    slam, but neck, right? Right.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...fine...

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane -
    Lenny Bruce is not afraid. Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn -
    world serves its own needs, regardless of your own needs. Feed it up a knock,
    speed, grunt no, strength no. Ladder structure clatter with fear of height,
    down height. Wire in a fire, represent the seven games in a government for
    hire and a combat site. Left her, wasn't coming in a hurry with the furies
    breathing down your neck. Team by team reporters baffled, trump, tethered
    crop. Look at that low plane! Fine then. Uh oh, overflow, population,
    common group, but it'll do. Save yourself, serve yourself. World serves its
    own needs, listen to your heart bleed. Tell me with the rapture and the
    reverent in the right - right. You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright
    light, feeling pretty psyched.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign tower. Slash and burn,
    return, listen to yourself churn. Lock him in uniform and book burning,
    blood letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate. Light a candle,
    light a motive. Step down, step down. Watch a heel crush, crush. Uh oh,
    this means no fear - cavalier. Renegade and steer clear! A tournament,
    a tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives
    and I decline.

The other night I tripped a nice continental drift divide. Mount St. Edelite.
    Leonard Bernstein. Leonid Breshnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs.
    Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom! You symbiotic, patriotic,
    slam, but neck, right? Right.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...fine...
    Hee heeee! I was hoping you would post that. Now is the time I must go and dance....

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Hee heeee! I was hoping you would post that. Now is the time I must go and dance....

Believe what you like, have a wonderfull life....
    For the rest of you who may have been wondering about the up and comming 2012 date, I hope my time and effort was helpful.
    I had fun researching this and learned some new things while doing it. Some of the theories out there were to say the least eye openning, some were thought provoking and a few were down right amusing.. So if you have some time and an interest I recomend you have a look for yourself. I can honestly say it was worth the effort....
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

It's OK, wills. I thought it was an interesting thread. I like stretching my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    It's OK, wills. I thought it was an interesting thread. I like stretching my brain.
    Stretching! (Powered by CubeCart)

Check out Bob Anderson's book.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast