Happy 4th of July

Thread: Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July

I want to wish every member, and their families an Happy 4th July while we are all Celebrating today please take a moment to say a prayer for all of our Troops away from their Families.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Yeah and a happy 4th to you and all others on the forum - we had a deal at church yesterday; singing things like America the Beautiful and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Also the son of our preacher who was there has orders for the sandbox, so we all said a prayer for him.
    And God Bless America!

ssssssss - swish - BOOM (sound effects for the post )

Anyone ever notice people dont say "Happy 25th of December", or "Happy 31st of October", or "Happy 1st of January"? Shouldnt we be saying "Happy Independence Day"? In fact im sitting here and I cant think of another holiday where a date is commonly used instead of the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Anyone ever notice people dont say "Happy 25th of December", or "Happy 31st of October", or "Happy 1st of January"? Shouldnt we be saying "Happy Independence Day"? In fact im sitting here and I cant think of another holiday where a date is commonly used instead of the title.
    I've always said "Happy Birthday" on the 4th. Everyone seems to know what I'm talking about. Therefore......

.......happy birthday to all of us!
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Same here...it has always been "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!" 235 years old I suppose??? so:

(shouting from the top of my lungs, here...) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!!!!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Totally agree with your sentiments. Seems that the meaning is so well known that the date itself is symbolic

BTW, Tucker's mom. Just how old is Tucker? :)

Talking

My big little boy is a few months short of 3 years. Hopefully, after last night's spot feeding he won't be afraid of fireworks anymore...We've just finished tackling thunderstorms then the fireworks happened last night. He is such a funny guy...I taught him how to say Bang! and he kept at it so I will shove food in his mouth. Democrap!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS