Justice for Caylee - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justice for Caylee

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty. She was proven not guilty, therefore she is innocent. That is the rules of the game. Just pray that if you get in trouble that you have as conscientious and honest a jury as she had. The rules are for everybody.
    That is a screwed up, twisted, warped understanding of what a jury's verdict means. It is NOT that she was proven not guilty; it is that she was NOT proven guilty. There is a big difference, but that does NOT mean that she is innocent. She could have been guilty as H..L, but she goes free because she was NOT PROVEN GUILTY.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    In my opinion she is guilty but thankfully in this country court cases scuh as these are not to be decided on opinions but rather on the many facts and reasonable doubts developed after hearing both sides. The prosecution was short on facts and the jury found her not guilty but did not find her innocent. This is the difference between America and other nations. If we allow Nancy Grace to make all of our decisions for us then we truly are doomed.
    Yes, court cases ARE decided on opinions...opinions of the jurors as to what the facts are after hearing both sides. Cases are NOT decided on opinions of spectators, though.
    Charlie

4. Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    That is a screwed up, twisted, warped understanding of what a jury's verdict means. It is NOT that she was proven not guilty; it is that she was NOT proven guilty. There is a big difference, but that does NOT mean that she is innocent. She could have been guilty as H..L, but she goes free because she was NOT PROVEN GUILTY.
    Good point. Just like oj cutting his wife's head off. GUILTY! And got away with MURDER tried by a jury of his own kind.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Yes, court cases ARE decided on opinions...opinions of the jurors as to what the facts are after hearing both sides. Cases are NOT decided on opinions of spectators, though.
    Very good point but the opinion of the jurors should be based on ALL the facts of the case presented in the courtroom. When we say all the facts even such things as the demeanor of the witnesses may be used. You are right on about not the opinion of spectators or the media.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I just think that someone has to answer for a 2 year old girl dying and being thrown on the side of the road to rot.
    Not just someone, but the right person has to answer for this. Having some idea how she died would have really helped. I don't know if this woman killed her daughter or not and from what I saw it was never really proven. However, I do think she knows something more than she is telling.

About the only thing I am relatively sure of is that she was a horrible mother and should be sterilized before leaving prison.

Not guilty but also not innocent.

I can tell you first hand what it's like to have a small child murdered. My wife spent years in therapy to cope with such a horrific death. There were nightmares and crushing depression.

Casey Anthony acted like no normal mother would. She was detached. Concerned for herself only. A true Sociopath.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I didn't follow the case, but I know the gist. They published Casey's letters and I read some of them. There is an obvious disconnect with reality, more than incarceration would suggest. It's pretty obvious she experienced arrested development when she was a teenager. Her phrases, goals, ideas, and even her handwriting suggest her mental age is somewhere between 16 and 19--19 being the age she got pregnant. She expresses care for her child, but neither remorse nor anger over Caylee's death, which suggests there's some part of her that just doesn't "get it."

Some armchair psychology, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I didn't follow the case,
    Yeah, + on that!

Sounds to me like a whole lot of folks here are in favor of Sharia Law. I still like the Trial by Jury system.

Somebody get a rope. There, I said it for you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast