Justice for Caylee
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for Caylee

1. Justice for Caylee

What were these people thinking? Why couldn't the prosecutors get the job done? Why was the defense more worried about the people thinking she was guilty before the verdict? The real tragedy here is there is a innocent little girl dead, and nobody is going to pay right now. The good news is Calylee is in Heaven, as for her mother I am not sure she will be joining her. I am a firm believer if your kids can't trust the parents who can they trust. Just makes me MAD!

3. Yea its sickening

4. Honestly I could of cared less about this trial. I never watched or paid attention to it. Plenty of better things to do in my life. Stupid media clings on to so much useless stuff anyways.
    That being said, a Jury of 12 made the choice. Plenty of people get away with worse, or not even get caught. I'm not saying she didn't do it but I wasn't there to say she did. The evidence was presented and thats it. But don't worry the media will have another month on this and write useless books and magazines for all ya.

Everyday, in hundreds of courtrooms around the country, the right to a jury a trial, the presumption of innocence, and the burden of proof, are repeatedly acted upon and protecting all of us from overzealous prosecutors.

The barbecues and fireworks are fun, but today 12 ordinary citizens put substance into those rights we so fervently celebrate every Fourth.

My stepson asked me a few days ago if I think she was guilty. I said I don't believe she killed her daughter. I left it at that. I actually am amazed at her attorney/s days after I said that. Their closing arguments were brilliantly presented piece by piece. Young people do sometimes makes the wrong decisions. Not until most reached the age of 24 will they actually learn how to gauge circumstances for their benefits. She made a mistake. What hurts for her is finding your parents throwing you under the bus after capitalizing on the circumstances of her and their grandchild's death.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Everyday, in hundreds of courtrooms around the country, the right to a jury a trial, the presumption of innocence, and the burden of proof, are repeatedly acted upon and protecting all of us from overzealous prosecutors.

The barbecues and fireworks are fun, but today 12 ordinary citizens put substance into those rights we so fervently celebrate every Fourth.
    Wow, a person of reason in a world of nonsense. Thank God for that jury of honest citizens.

The case for murder was very, very weak. No cause of death, time of death, place of death. I've watched enough "New Detectives", "American Justice", "The First 48", etc. etc. to realize that getting a murder conviction under those circumstances is extremely diffficult. I agree with a number of experts that say Casey Anthony was "overcharged" and that this case should have been about manslaughter, not murder. The DA's office bit off more than they could chew.

Do I think she killed her daughter?? Yeah, probably. Maybe not intentionally but she definitely has blood on her hands. Do I think the state did its job in proving it beyond a reasonable doubt?? Nope.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Well said.

Cases like these, and their outcome, force prosecutors to do a better job. There will be no cake-walks for the state nor should there be. It's their burden to prove guilt and if a verdict like this one seves as a wakeup call for prosecutors then so be it. It'll only make the system stronger. I'm not happy that someone who I believe committed a crime is going to walk free, but if this case serves to weed out some less-than-competent people in a DA office then I believe that's a good thing in the long run.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Well...on this we are in complete agreement. Well stated.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

11. Nogod...there is hope for you...well said. Too bad that same jury couldn't have been on the OJ trial.
    Last edited by wooddoctor; 07-06-2011 at 07:01 AM. Reason: brain and fingers
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast