How Has Unemployment Affected Your Area?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Has Unemployment Affected Your Area?

How Has Unemployment Affected Your Area?

Here is a map of the unemployment rate and how it has changed from Feb. 2007 to Feb. 2011. If any of you are wondering why you can't find a job, this will explain it completely.

geographyofarecession

When you tell it to play, it will begin to change from month to month. This tells us openly and clearly two things. 1. The government is lying to us about the current unemployment rate. and 2. The president is the biggest liar of all because he says our economy is beginning to show signs of growth!

I suggest you copy the map URL and send it to everyone on your mailing list so they can get a clear and unadulterated picture of what the jobless rate in America truly is.

You expect the government to give the real numbers even if it makes them look bad? You need to get out in the fresh air and read more of what the main stream media is printing. It's a much better picture. The truth is too depressing. The public can't handle the real numbers. We must look to Washington DC and bow. They have the answers. We must have the courage to believe.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Although I'm secure in my job, unemployment (and the economy in general) has had a substantial effect on my finances. Most of my income is based on the performance of the businesses I oversee. I've seen my pay drop by 20-25% because people just don't have the money to spend at the bar/restaurants that I manage. While I'm not going to lose my house or have anything repo'd, my disposable income has been reduced substantially. The economy here in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area is based heavily on tourism and on other people's disposable income.

I've been through this before.....not for a while but I know things will come around. Eventually.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

You got it! I will help circulate your post...it hasn't affected me yet as I am still working but I know of others whose lives were affected. When "work" becomes work, it is time to hang in the towel and do something else that you enjoy, even if you have to work alone...I did it. Hubby did it, too...Remember we all have the power as individuals to change our own lives.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Man it really sucks here in big d. I lost my insurance job, (making $40k+ a year to a security gig paying $8.00/hour)!

7. The neighboring city to mine just had a factory close that left 250 people without a job. No notice from the factory either. They went to work and was told they no longer had a job. I have been a cop for awhile now and it seems that crime usually follows the unemployment rate. In the county that I work in, the crime seems to rise when unemployment rises. Most of it is small theft like gas, food, and property easy to pawn. People will do what they have to do to feed their family. That is what I get told when we catch them.

8. They say the unemployment rate is around 9.8% around the Atlanta area, I believe it is much higher. Many cabinet shops closed down and most trades associated the the build trade have gone out of business. No more traffic jambs like it use to be. I will get thru it because I kept my overhead low as possible.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

The government only counts the people filing for unemployment benefits for the first time as unemployed. They don't count the ones already getting benefits or the ones who no longer get benefits and haven't gotten jobs as unemployed. Can't show the true numbers, the subjects might revolt. This would not be good for the chosen one or the main stream media and the progressive liberals.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

10. Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    The government only counts the people filing for unemployment benefits for the first time as unemployed. They don't count the ones already getting benefits or the ones who no longer get benefits and haven't gotten jobs as unemployed. Can't show the true numbers, the subjects might revolt. This would not be good for the chosen one or the main stream media and the progressive liberals.
    What really boilings my goose.... being self-employed you don't get to collect unemployment even though you provided jobs.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Detroit 45 acp Guest
    Tucker's mom said it BEST we all have or had the ability to change our own life you, me,he,she, all made a choice one way or another that got us in our current situation face it EVERYTHING is not the GOVERNMENTS fault let's stop pointing the finger at everyone else for what each of us played a part in ....We all have in some way have taken a hit ( income,property value etc..) We can't change what happened but all of us hold the potential to not to let it repeat itself in our lives !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast