Why do people hate lawyers? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do people hate lawyers?

1. How do you know when a lawyer is lying?
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

3. Unfortunately, our legal system only seems to care about the law, not justice, and certainly not right or wrong! This is a failing of individuals however-especially jurors, who refuse to think for themselves & let judges and lawyers tell them how they must judge. See jury nullification.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Unfortunately, our legal system only seems to care about the law, not justice, and certainly not right or wrong! This is a failing of individuals however-especially jurors, who refuse to think for themselves & let judges and lawyers tell them how they must judge. See jury nullification.
    +1......

Lawyers, especially criminal defense attorneys and divorce lawyers, are the most immoral people on planet Earth, period. Anyone who is able to sleep at night while making a living defending people who they know are guilty of murder, rape, and child molestation while destroying the lives of the victims in an attempt undermine their credibiliy is someone who is not worthy of my respect.

I dislike lawyers, because when they grow up, they become judges, and become even more corrupt.

My best friend is an attorney. so I couldn't resist...

• Difference between a lawyer and a prostitute? She STOPS screwing you when you're dead.
    • DIfference between a Carp and a lawyer. One's a bottom feeding scavenger that eats anything... the other is a fish.
    • How do you tell a lawyer is lying? His lips are moving.
    • How do you tell if it is REALLY cold outside? A lawyer has his hands in his own pockets..
    • What do you call a lawyer gone bad? Your honor.
    • What do you call a judge gone bad? Senator.
    • What do you call a Senator gone bad? President Obama.
    • What do lawyers use for birth control? Their personalities.
    • Why won't sharks attack lawyers? Professional courtesy.
    • How does an attorney sleep? First he lies on one side, and then on the other.
    • How many lawyer jokes are there? Only three. The rest are true stories.
    • Two attorneys were walking out of a bar and a beautiful young lady walks by. One attorney turns to his associate and comments "Boy, I would like to screw her! The other attorney thinks for a second and said "Out of what"?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Lawyers, in the same boat as Used car salesmen, and real estate sales people... There are a few honest ones out there but the bad give the rest the reputation and seem to be in the majority...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Lawyers, in the same boat as Used car salesmen, and real estate sales people... There are a few honest ones out there but the bad give the rest the reputation and seem to be in the majority...
    It's the same way with Christian Ministers.

Read the book "The case against Lawyers" by Catherine Crier. It will explain a lot.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

According to the story the guy actually received the $4,950. Except it was held back from him to pay liens against him - in other words he had creditors with liens against him. His share went to those creditors.

Lets say you owe federal taxes. The IRS levies on your paycheck. You have been paid for your work, it was just taken by one of your creditors before you could get your hands on it.

It looks to me like a guy with a head cold recovered about $5,000. He paid nothing upfront, the attorney fronted all the expenses, and then when the deadbeat's share of the settlement gets taken by his creditors he blames it on his lawyer. Putz.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast