Why do people hate lawyers?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people hate lawyers?

Exclamation Why do people hate lawyers?

Apparently even people who NEED one.

http://tinyurl.com/3v3ldeg

I guess that is pretty self-explanatory. I dislike them because because companies and rich people can hire lawyers that I would not be able to employ in a million years and they are good enough to make a jury listen to the most hairbrained nonsense...

I despise them because it requires a lawyer to get you out of the kind of trouble you would never have gotten into in the first place if it wasn't for lawyers. Some folks have told me they fear and do not trust cops. While I get along fine with cops, I feel that way about lawyers. If you know a cop, ask him or her how they feel about lawyers. You will get an earful. I do not believe trial lawyers know (or care) about right and wrong. They win, or they lose, and that is all that matters. Aside from the attorney fees, of course. Should you be forced to defend yourself with a weapon, I assure you: your question will soon be answered. Your attorney will make you mortgage your home to pay for his "service". The other one wants to put you in prison. Any other questions?
    Say when.

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    I guess that is pretty self-explanatory. I dislike them because because companies and rich people can hire lawyers that I would not be able to employ in a million years and they are good enough to make a jury listen to the most hairbrained nonsense...
    I don't hate lawyers. And they can make a jury listen because that is what they went to school for. They are well-trained in each area of expertise they mastered on. Lawyers who I do not like (hate is a strong word...I do not hate anyone....) are those that are ineffective and inefficient who accepts your case then bungle each and every one of them in the fight for justice. This is from experience recently with sonny boy's case. As soon as I heard words came out of his mouth, I knew he will not do the job well and we will lose our case. It is very good that the bestest best friend of my husband is a lawyer. He did most the work that this lawyer of my sonny boy has whom hubby had hired. They were taken in. They lost their case. Then our lawyer friend recommended one who is really brilliant and boy! he does know his area very well., if not, he recommends someone who does. They are winning now. We had known him for many, many years now. In short, not every lawyer is bad...but sometimes you just need not be taken in too easily...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I don't hate lawyers. And they can make a jury listen because that is what they went to school for. They are well-trained in each area of expertise they mastered on. Lawyers who I do not like (hate is a strong word...I do not hate anyone....) are those that are ineffective and inefficient who accepts your case then bungle each and every one of them in the fight for justice. This is from experience recently with sonny boy's case. As soon as I heard words came out of his mouth, I knew he will not do the job well and we will lose our case. It is very good that the bestest best friend of my husband is a lawyer. He did most the work that this lawyer of my sonny boy has whom hubby had hired. They were taken in. They lost their case. Then our lawyer friend recommended one who is really brilliant and boy! he does know his area very well., if not, he recommends someone who does. They are winning now. We had known him for many, many years now. In short, not every lawyer is bad...but sometimes you just need not be taken in too easily...
    It is always nice to have a friend who is a lawyer to tell you who the good ones and bad ones are. You don't win 3 out of 3 by having bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    It is always nice to have a friend who is a lawyer to tell you who the good ones and bad ones are. You don't win 3 out of 3 by having bad ones.
    Yeah, I guess hate is a pretty strong word. It's usually the people that have been screwed over by one that really does hate 'em. I guess I can say I have no use for 'em..........as yet. Both of my daughters are attorneys, so I'd better mind my manners.

Though, I can see why the above client might legitimately(?)hate his.

8. Oj certainly had a good lawyer!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

9. Stupid should hurt. Common sense should say stupid hurts. But too many lawyers make stupid profitable.

People hate liers(lawyers) because most of the ones they know are in Congress and everyone knows the BS they spread.

What is the difference between a dead lawyer, and a dead skunk on the highway

Skid marks in front of the skunk!
    Crime has no boundaries - Carry Safe!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast