The difference between the North and the South - clearly explained...at last - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The difference between the North and the South - clearly explained...at last

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    It's funny, I'm from the West, so we stayed (mostly) out of your silly tiff. All of the stuff before the "Notherners moving South" part could be taken positive either way; except the one line to me comes across as a MAJOR dig at the South: "The North has dating services, the South has family reunions." That strikes me too much as saying that family reunions *ARE* dating services in the South.

The West seems to be a mix of the two. I'm an Oregon native, and my wife is from Nebraska, and we both exhibit various parts of both.
    You ain't from round here, are ya?
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I am not sure what nation you live in, but in the United States of America, there is no state called, "the south".
    G: What are you, a damned carpet bagger?

4. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I am not sure what nation you live in, but in the United States of America, there is no state called, "the south".
    Gulf you would be wise to pick your battles. Most states in the south are a right to work. More range time might cure this sort of thinking.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    G: What are you, a damned carpet bagger?
    Actually I think wooddoctor was drunk when he typed the post I was replying to. It was even more illiterate and less intelligent than usual.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    The north has NYC, Chicago, NJ and DC. Even if the south had "nuth'n", they's still be ahead.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Funny post enjoyed it....

Northern big guy....

Those were funny posts however this one was the best!

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    The north has NYC, Chicago, NJ and DC. Even if the south had "nuth'n", they's still be ahead.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Now that was funny!

I've told a few transplanted Yankees that "You know, I was a man grown before I knew damn Yankee was two words". Usually this was in response to derogatory remarks about my accent or their condescending remarks about how we did things in small town South.

YMOS,
    Tony
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt May 13, 1903

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12