Irene

Thread: Irene

Irene

Hope our East Coast members are safe and dry.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    My 22 y.o. daughter and her husband along with her daughter, my 2 wk old granddaughter are fine in Newport News, VA!! They were lucky enough to not even lose power. They are 39 feet above sea level there, about 4 miles from the water and coulda had more problems than they did. Anyway, let's all keep those not so fortunate in our prayers, there are many who could use them...
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

My mom and brother were in it as well as several longtime friends. Living in S. Florida for 15 years and being the veteran of several hurricane strikes, I coached them through it

They were lucky enough to come through unscathed.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

5. Just outside of New Haven, CT here...

We have some good gusts, the rain has moved north of us, and power was lost a couple hours ago. Thanks for the well wishes:-)

Boarded up one window put in ear plugs and slept throught it.... total damage 1 stray limb other wise coastal SE NC faired very well
    It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men....

NY Hudson valley. Heavy rain and some wind gusts. Some swollen streams and small bridge washouts. Sporadic power outages. We're dry and have power.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

So far so good in NH. Power flickers, but nothing major yet.

Pennsylvania primarily has small stream flooding, which will turn into possible river flooding in a few days. It wasn't much worse here than a few heavy rain storms we had in July. It's a shame in a way that the huricane missed the southeast states that are currently having significant drought problems.