A new puppy found me this week. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new puppy found me this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauRyker View Post
    A man after my own heart.
    Ours was a stray too! Pit bull. Most gentle dog I've had. Loves everyone. A dog's behavior is rooted in the temperment of the owner.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Ours was a stray too! Pit bull. Most gentle dog I've had. Loves everyone. A dog's behavior is rooted in the temperment of the owner.
    Good lookin' pup. Love that brindle color. The big dog in my picture is some part Pit. He was about to starve when I found him as well, weighed maybe 35#. Now he's about 115# and the sweetest dog I've ever had. Just a big teddy bear. Hardly ever barks, and I've never heard him growl. You could tell when I got him that someone had beat the hell out of him. Real skitish, but I just about got him over that I hope.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

A pit...its amazing you didn't have to just shoot it on sight!!!

My wife and I just adopted a rescued pit/greyhound. She was also very skittish when we first got her because we believe the first owner cropped her ears on their own. They did a horrible job. In the past 5 days she has been less twitchy, has not growled, has barked when she hears a noise out the window, licked as many peoples faces as possible, and started playing with all the toys laying around. Again, Congrats on your new addition! A new puppy found me this week.-305014_907244388008_19702599_42059464_6266931_n.jpgA new puppy found me this week.-320833_909518470728_19702599_42100214_5844956_n.jpgA new puppy found me this week.-280512_10150252259322267_173893467266_8109638_4836573_o.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    My wife and I just adopted a rescued pit/greyhound. She was also very skittish when we first got her because we believe the first owner cropped her ears on their own. They did a horrible job. In the past 5 days she has been less twitchy, has not growled, has barked when she hears a noise out the window, licked as many peoples faces as possible, and started playing with all the toys laying around. Again, Congrats on your new addition! A new puppy found me this week.-305014_907244388008_19702599_42059464_6266931_n.jpgA new puppy found me this week.-320833_909518470728_19702599_42100214_5844956_n.jpgA new puppy found me this week.-280512_10150252259322267_173893467266_8109638_4836573_o.jpg
    Congrats! Just stick with her. I've had mine about 4 years and although he's gettin' a whole, whole lot better, I really have to watch myself as far as raising my voice, or even picking up a broom or flyswatter. Nowhere near as bad as he was though. Breaks my heart to imagine what he must have gone through.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    (((Cough))) then I must have multiple personalities ... I have one hyper dog, one laid back surfer dude, one grumpy old men and a jumpy puppy!

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    A dog that is not wanted, that is dropped off heaven-knows-where and left behind could be considered an unlucky dog. However, turns out your new family member is a lucky dog indeed! Good for you dude to take her in, may she live a long and happy life with you!!!!!!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    A dog that is not wanted, that is dropped off heaven-knows-where and left behind could be considered an unlucky dog. However, turns out your new family member is a lucky dog indeed! Good for you dude to take her in, may she live a long and happy life with you!!!!!!
    Hear! Hear!.....
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

A good dog is worth his or her weight in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    I do what I can tuts. You ought to see her now! Growin' like a weed. Had a tense moment though a week or so back. One of my other big dogs hurt her back playfighting with her, and thought I might have to do something drastic. Had 2 or 3 really bad nights. But, I took her to my vet, he x-rayed her, and gave her a bunch of meds. After a week, she's back kickin bigdog ass. Never would know anything was ever wrong with her. I just love my pups!

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post

A good dog is worth his or her weight in gold.
    When is this dog of yours (if he is truly yours...) stop popping up from this forum?
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast