We shall return!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We shall return!

We shall return!

Big fire about 10 miles from the house. We're getting ready to load up and lend a hand. Burned about 25k acres so far, and it's heading our way. 30 mph winds, so it might not take that long.

Later!
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Go and be safe... May God watch over you...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Good luck up north...

I hope you get thru this unharmed and your home is safe. God be with you.

Good luck Beau!

Please keep us informed.

7. I was just watching the weather channel, you must be from TX. They were saying the fires down there were very bad.

Good luck and stay safe!

8. Good luck! Be safe.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Guess Rick Perry's prayerapalooza didn't work out so well..
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    Guess Rick Perry's prayerapalooza didn't work out so well..
    That make you feel better?

__________________________________________________ ______

Got pulled off a dozer today by the Feds. Told us we couldn't work this fire because I didn't have some kind of a freakin' card. Damnedest thing I ever saw. They were kicking people out right and left. Talked to some guys that drove all night last night on their dime to get here, from down in the valley. They told them to stay away from the fire. Thought there was gonna be a killin'. I'll tell ya what, I'm so sick of this damn government. Just a bunch of self-important idiots.

Goin' to bed
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

11. Quote Originally Posted by BeauRyker View Post
    That make you feel better?

__________________________________________________ ______

Got pulled off a dozer today by the Feds. Told us we couldn't work this fire because I didn't have some kind of a freakin' card. Damnedest thing I ever saw. They were kicking people out right and left. Talked to some guys that drove all night last night on their dime to get here, from down in the valley. They told them to stay away from the fire. Thought there was gonna be a killin'. I'll tell ya what, I'm so sick of this damn government. Just a bunch of self-important idiots.

Goin' to bed
    I thought Texas was a right to work state. Keep up posted...be safe!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast