Parent Teacher Conference
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parent Teacher Conference

Parent Teacher Conference

So, had to go to parent/teacher conferences tonight and my 8 year old's teacher was going over some of his work with me. They had learned to fill out a check just to practice writing large numbers in numerals and in words and his check was written to the "gun store" for $48,431.54, to which I responded, "Good for him!" His teacher is a good sport and laughed along with me . . .

Wish I had that kind of money to spend at the "gun store" :icon_cheesygrin:

That's awesome. It made me smile. And I'm with you. I wish I had that money to spend at the gun store too. Oh the things I would buy. :)

I'm glad that the check wasn't written to some political campaign. :icon_wink: Don't understand what the big deal was about writing a check to the gun store.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I'm glad your 8 year old has a reasonable teacher. You never know what could have happened these days. Even if you moved the decimal point to the left one digit, I would still be happy to be able to spend that. :D
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

6. When are we going shopping! :icon_razz:

Sounds like a well raised child! Good job mom. Oh and props to the teacher for not making a big deal out of it.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Most schools today they most likely would have turned him over to the police.

Wish I had that kind of money to spend at the "gun store"
    Me too.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Most schools today they most likely would have turned him over to the police.
    Isn't that the truth? He would have been expelled multiple times by now at a liberal school for his war art on the back of most of his assignments anyway . . . glad we live where we do and he's able to grow up in a mostly sane environment and enjoy being a kid.

With that kind of money he must be a Class III young man!:icon_wink:
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I'm glad your 8 year old has a reasonable teacher. You never know what could have happened these days. :D
    I'm having my ultra-liberal-anti-gun-school-teacher-neice over this weekend for Easter dinner, the same one I got into heated:akuma: argument with over why she thought I should vote for HildaBeast and change my ultra-right-wing-gun-toting-conservative-way of thinking. Shy of putting her out of my misery...any sugestions???

later - Sam
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast