Condition Butterscotch - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Condition Butterscotch

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    I understand the concept behind the video, however safety rules are designed to prevent injuries or death. The whack job in the video violated at least a few established NRA safety rules. First and foremost, FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER. The guy was waving the gun around with his finger on the trigger. The ammo that he used to demonstrate (which by the way he called "bullets") appeared to be live rounds. He did not clarify if they were dummy rounds or live, so I will assume that they were live. He makes makes a comment in the end something to the effect "I don't believe I just did that". Which would indicate that they were live IMO. We don't know if his camera was on a tripod or if he was flagging the cameraman in his video.

    Some of the comments he made were humorous, however with his safety violations, I won't be showing that video to my students any time soon.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Georgetown, Texas
    Posts
    403
    Glock Fan.

    I would show it to my students... For a few reasons...
    Yes he violated the safety rules...You can use that as an example of what NOT TO DO...
    Also you can use it as an example to What NOT TO DO...in a funny way.

    You can also use it to start a vivid interaction with your student on..WHAT NOT TO DO...in a FUNNY WAY.

    Geez you have a heavy load there. The mark of a good teacher if to identify a good opportunity to learn.

    Most of the time we see instructor being so rigid ... that it turns and scares off students.

    there are ways to teach safety in a safe and serious way and still be able to have a light conversation and make your point of safety at all times around firearms.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan:231709
    I understand the concept behind the video, however safety rules are designed to prevent injuries or death. The whack job in the video violated at least a few established NRA safety rules. First and foremost, FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER. The guy was waving the gun around with his finger on the trigger. The ammo that he used to demonstrate (which by the way he called "bullets") appeared to be live rounds. He did not clarify if they were dummy rounds or live, so I will assume that they were live. He makes makes a comment in the end something to the effect "I don't believe I just did that". Which would indicate that they were live IMO. We don't know if his camera was on a tripod or if he was flagging the cameraman in his video.

    Some of the comments he made were humorous, however with his safety violations, I won't be showing that video to my students any time soon.
    He never put his finger on the trigger...even in the first stages of butterscotch with just the frame...

    If this wasn't a tripod, the cameraman has some freakishly steady hands...

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    He never put his finger on the trigger...even in the first stages of butterscotch with just the frame...

    If this wasn't a tripod, the cameraman has some freakishly steady hands...
    Watch his fingers towards the end when he loads the pistol. Steady hands or not, he should have said something or not be pointing at the camera.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan:231802
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    He never put his finger on the trigger...even in the first stages of butterscotch with just the frame...

    If this wasn't a tripod, the cameraman has some freakishly steady hands...
    Watch his fingers towards the end when he loads the pistol. Steady hands or not, he should have said something or not be pointing at the camera.
    Just watched it again, after he loads his magazine, then puts it in the firearm, his finger stays outside the guard resting on the front part of the guard. Its hard to tell when its pointed right at the camera, but when he tilts the firearm up, you can see the full length of his finger.

    He pokes fun at all those that pees their pants when someone points their firearm at a camera. We are adults now, we don't need to be told the gun was safety checked or that there is tripod in a YouTube video.

    The two things I believe were violations of firearms rules, 1.) Sticking his reactive hands pointer finger in front of the barrel after it had a round chambered. 2.) Not mentally realizing he had chambered a round, evident when he checked the chamber and says, "oh I did..."

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    2.) Not mentally realizing he had chambered a round, evident when he checked the chamber and says, "oh I did..."
    My thought is that he knew he chambered a round but was safe as the camera was not manned by a human. He was still trying to be funny. If there was a wall behind the camera, solid enough to stop his round, there was no safety violation. If not, it was indeed a bad move.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast