For what it's worth
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For what it's worth

1. For what it's worth

Goggle stores your every key stroke that you make on your computer in some data base for some future use.

DuckDuckGo claims not.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

What is google going to do with all those key strokes?

Really, how much can they get from hotasianchicks hilarioushamstervideo and justinbieber over and over again?

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Goggle stores your every key stroke that you make on your computer in some data base for some future use.
    Could you please provide some evidence of this? I am a computer guy (professionally) and one of my hobbies is computer security and I've not heard this before. Making a comment like this without evidence to back it up is irresponsible. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying that without any evidence I'm not buying it.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    It has to be true, it's on the internet!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by ben_p View Post
    Could you please provide some evidence of this? I am a computer guy (professionally) and one of my hobbies is computer security and I've not heard this before. Making a comment like this without evidence to back it up is irresponsible. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying that without any evidence I'm not buying it.
    This can't be true. It would be an invasion of privacy, or some other legal jargon. I think he meant they store every search made from your IP. This would make more sense to me...
    Be cool and eat fruit!

8. It's not key strokes its your Google search which is used for demographics and I'm pretty sure its all anon

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    It has to be true, it's on the internet!
    And remember...the internet was invented by Al Gore...scary, huh?.hahahahaha
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I've also heard about all search engines storing your Information. I always try not to disclose any personel Information to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_p View Post
    Ben;

I've worked some digital forensic cases where we analyzed the activities and computers of the accused. Google, Facebook, Myspace, etc all have a law enforcement guide outlining the procedures for obtaining the data. An adminstrative supeona issued to any ISP will result in the return of all session data on a particular user, email, internal server or IP address. Providers and websites (chat) generally comply without complaint, returning all data on file. Considering the low cost of computer storage many companies keep expansive records. Analysis of the returned data, the hard drives and removable media is performed usin FTK (Forensic Toolkit) or ENCASE Forensics. The findings are then merged and sorted by date/time to create a complete history of the suspect's activities.

This could be a problem for those who post violent responses on forums such as USA Carry. Should they ever be involved in a shooting, and depending on circumstances, law enforcement may build a case based on repeated statements that one will shoot anyone who messes with them. It goes to their state of mind and character during criminal procedings
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast