Power Company Smart Meters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Company Smart Meters

Power Company Smart Meters

I am just passing on this message I got this morning from my husband ... and they were talking about it so I asked him to email me the link. If someone want to "snope" me on this, go right ahead.

Anybody got one of these installed......you might want to do something about it.
    VERY INTERESTING .......... Big Brother may be a lot bigger than we thought! CLICK HERE:

Smart Meters - YouTube
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

3. They are far from smart too. In can say that in 2 different states after having these installed my bill doubled monthly. When I called they said that the meter is finally reading properly. 180 bucks for a 1 bedroom condo? Yeah, working properly

Can you have the old meter back? Just asking...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I'm 50 seconds into it and he's losing me already.

"...computers that you'll never get to see." Yes, and? I have no right to see someone else's private property.

"...shows when you are home; shows when you are sleeping." No, not really. All it's going to show is when I'm using more power and when I'm using less.

"...bootleg energy off the grid." Whaaaa? Like having a solar panel installed? Heck yes I want them to know about that. In most states, you can sell any excess energy back to the power company, and tehy HAVE to let you. The only other thing he could be talking would involve theft of service from the power company, and I'm sure none of the "law-abiding gun owners" on this forum would EVER do something ILLEGAL.

Sorry. I can only take so much alarmist talk at once, and 1:00 is my limit tonight.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

6. What he says is true, but he is nor emphasizing an important point: smart meters are radio transmitters and add to the radio wave pollution around us. Studies show that it is powerful enough to pose a danger.

Quote Originally Posted by yolk100 View Post
    What he says is true,.... Studies show that it is powerful enough to pose a danger.
    What studies? Reputable peer reviewed literature or "kook journals" published by the tin-foil hat crowd?

-Doc

8. [QUOTE=Bighouse Doc;235133]What studies? Reputable peer reviewed literature or "kook journals" published by the tin-foil hat crowd?

-Doc[/QUOT
    Doc, if you were paid 250,000 dollars a year to do some bogas study using tax payer money, it would seam legitiment
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    What studies? Reputable peer reviewed literature or "kook journals" published by the tin-foil hat crowd?

-Doc
    I always wear my tinfoil hat and CCW Badge when talking on the CB radio. I've never had any problems.

10. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I always wear my tinfoil hat and CCW Badge when talking on the CB radio. I've never had any problems.
    That explains the badge fetish.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Guys, I work for one of the nations largest electric utilities. We just install 20,000 of these in one of our communities. Most of that is bunk, your bill will not double, it puts out the same or less radio waves than a cell phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast