Exotic animals in Ohio - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exotic animals in Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by glockk23:237414
    I live about 4 to 5 miles from that farm. A bear ran through my yard. First thing I did was grab my shotgun and called the cops to come Down my way . They shot him in my field next too my tree line. It flelt like Africa in our town for a couple days
    Bear =Africa what a idiot!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MIL-SPEC 45:237450
    Quote Originally Posted by glockk23:237414
    I live about 4 to 5 miles from that farm. A bear ran through my yard. First thing I did was grab my shotgun and called the cops to come Down my way . They shot him in my field next too my tree line. It flelt like Africa in our town for a couple days
    Bear =Africa what a idiot!!!!!!!!!
    I going to message Luke to see if we can get this guy banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by GSBass:237445
    What the news media says are assault rifles, and what actually are assault rifles are usually two different things..
    Agreed, if they call it an assault rifle it probably wasn't one. BUT...i am curious as to how they killed the animals. Some reports, including OP, stated it sounded like a warzone...so maybe they were using true assault rifles with select fire capabilities. I would of hoped they went with 1 shot 1 kill mentality, but since reports aren't saying and I wasn't there, I wont pass judgement either. Glad no one was hurt.

Considering that Jack Hanna, the former director of the Columbus Zoo, and a well respected animal advocate, backed the Sheriff's Office in their actions, I'd say what they did was okay. They had no facilities to hold the animals, and no capability to transport them safely, even if they had been able to get them all knocked out.

And I had heard the tranqed tiger was actually hit by handgun fire.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Question Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

I gotta ask, were any of the animals killed a wild species of sheepdog?

I agree with everything you said but I still think they should have at least tried to tranquilize them first.

Quote Originally Posted by WellPopper View Post
    I agree with everything you said but I still think they should have at least tried to tranquilize them first.
    They did try with one tiger, hitting it. They had to kill it when it charged the vet.

Tranquilizing an animal is difficult in the best of conditions, when the shooter has done it before, and you know exactly what you're going to do with the animal. In conditions like they were facing? Bad ju-ju.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

9. Tranking one is one thing. Tranking 50+ with only 4 trank guns as Hannah said they had to use is another whole story. Unknown weights, and the pure numbers is too many variables. I live where there is a lot of black bears, but they are not a grizzly. With the time frame they had, and the numbers, i think they did what they needed. If you lived there, you would not care about anything but your safety. Monday quarterbacks drive me crazy...

I was watching the news and a Officer put down a Black Bear that charged him with his "Service Pistol".
    So the Leo in Ohio carry what? I thought 99m,40sw or 45acp wouldn't put down a Black bear from what I read? Unless it was just a perfect shot??

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    I was watching the news and a Officer put down a Black Bear that charged him with his "Service Pistol".
    So the Leo in Ohio carry what? I thought 99m,40sw or 45acp wouldn't put down a Black bear from what I read? Unless it was just a perfect shot??
    I've seen bears taken down with .357 mag and .40 S&W. Don't ever underestimate the power of those "Oh ******!" shots, especially if they're coming in groups of 15! :-)
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast