What does OP mean?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does OP mean?

1. Red face What does OP mean?

When people respond to posts, I see the term OP used. Does that mean Original Poster, or Other Person? Just curious. It didn't take me long to figure out BG meant bad guy, and I had to ask my husband what EDC meant (everyday carry) but having trouble with OP.

Sorry to be so dense.

Original poster.

4. Thank you for replying. I even used it in a post now that I know what it means.

I use it for original poster or original post.

Ie: in the OP by the OP, she didn't know what "OP" was.

Quote Originally Posted by xenaxdsc View Post
    When people respond to posts, I see the term OP used. Does that mean Original Poster, or Other Person? Just curious. It didn't take me long to figure out BG meant bad guy, and I had to ask my husband what EDC meant (everyday carry) but having trouble with OP.

Sorry to be so dense.
    If you're talking about smokes it means Other People's Smokin' O.P.'s - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but yes here in our little corner of the internet in means Opening or Original Post or Poster
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I thought they were the 15th and 16th letters in the alphabet, silly me......

i wonder how many people just counted the alphabet on their fingers....

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I actually had to edit my post a min or so after I originally posted it, cause I had it wrong, lol (that would have been VERY embarrassing)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I will have a bit of time after my knee operation so I will try to learn that skill whenever I will be awake and sober, F-Chen...nice to have something to do when I am bored. LOL
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Exclamation Some mind games are fun. Changing Celsius to Fahrenheit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    ...nice to have something to do when I am bored. LOL
    Practice changing degrees Celsius into degrees Fahrenheit in your mind. Then when you are up and about again and see a temperature given in Celsius on one of those roadside Time/Temperature signs you can do the math in your head in about ten or fifteen seconds and say to yourself, ah, the real temperature is xx degrees.

It is as simple as ADD (or double), SUBTRACT (10%), ADD (32) = Answer.

Or: ADD, ADD, SUBTRACT = Answer.

20C= 20 + 20 = 40 - 4(10%, remember) = 36 + 32 = 68F

21C= 21 + 21 = 42 - 4.2 = 37.8 + 32 = 69.8F

25C= 25 +25 = 50 - 5 = 45 + 32 = 77F

0C= 0 + 0 = 0 - 0 + 32 = 32F

100C= 100 + 100 = 200 - 20 = 180 + 32 = 212F

You may be able to do the subtracting second instead of first, that would look like 100C= 100+100=200+32=232-20=212F. It all depends on how you work with numbers in your mind and move them around. For the example using 33C, I add 33 and 33 and 32 getting 98 and then I subtract 7 (easier than subtracting 6.6 in my mind) getting 91 and THEN adding the .4 back onto the answer, getting the 91.4F.

20C= 20+20+32-4=68F
    40C= 40+40+32-8=104F
    33C= 33+33+32-6.6=91.4F

And, you can do it the other way too, but not quite as easy... in your mind of course, no pen and paper while driving down the street. LOL

I just can't seem to do the way the books show of taking the C x 9 / 5 + 32 = F.

Now you will have something else to keep you busy. :)

And once you learn how to do that easily, someone will say something like "It was 45C today" and you do the 90 122 - 9 and say "oh, it got up to 113 degrees out huh?" as fast as you just read that and they will look at you kind of strange, like you are really smart. USUALLY what you hear said will be "How did you do that so fast?"

Enjoy,

Ken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast