I was asked to change my screen saver... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: I was asked to change my screen saver...

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Speaking about folks being "weird" around guns. A new cashier was hired at the range I work at. The cashier that was training him asked about regular citizens being able to shoot hollow point ammunition. She told me that she heard that only military and law enforcement were able to have hollow points. I pulled out my back up magazine from my duty belt to show her my hollow point ammunition. At this point, the new guy ducked behind the counter. I asked the guy what was wrong, and he told me that he's afraid of guns. After realizing that I had only a magazine in my hand, and my gun was still holstered, he got back up from behind the counter.

    Don't know why a guy who's afraid of guns would want to work at a gun range.




    gf
    yeah that's just weird... you would think that the fact that he is afraid of guns would have come out before he was hired... I wonder what he is afraid of? maybe he's on the fence? at least he got a job near guns.. sounds like a good way to resolve some issues he has and educate him a bit and get him over to the right side. the more people on our side the better!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

  2.   
  3. #12
    You do as you see fit. I, personally, would probably do as your boss suggested. I notice he said until the new boss leaves. You may never see the new boss again. I would put the stuff back up the minute he walks out. That might be the end of it. I would not want to start a big ordeal over someone I might never see again. Now, if you found out he was going to be there on a regular basis, that's a different story. I just wouldn't want to get myself into a big fight that I wouldn't back down from. Good Luck
    David

    The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

  4. #13
    In the immortal words of my father-in-law....."Eff 'em & feed 'em fish heads"

    Here's the "decoration" on my cube wall....the one everyone walking by can see clear as day.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulIcemanMc View Post
    If you want to see what kind of new director you have you could leave it up. Now on the other hand he may be one of us. You never know.
    Now for that picture, how do you get a large picture up there I seem to only be able to upload 98 k max?
    Your help would be greatly appreciated...
    I've used Photobucket for mine in the past. It's a little bit of a pain, but it's doable.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    In the immortal words of my father-in-law....."Eff 'em & feed 'em fish heads"

    Here's the "decoration" on my cube wall....the one everyone walking by can see clear as day.
    lol Nice! Well, I took down the target just to make my cube look more "professional" for the new director but I am not going to change my wall paper. I'm going to the range with one of my old directors for lunch Friday. So there will be a new one up after lunch. Maybe I shoot it smiley face to make it less scary!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    lol Nice! Well, I took down the target just to make my cube look more "professional" for the new director but I am not going to change my wall paper. I'm going to the range with one of my old directors for lunch Friday. So there will be a new one up after lunch. Maybe I shoot it smiley face to make it less scary!

    Smiley faces are always good. That certainly could pose no threat. :) :)
    David

    The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

  8. Put a picture of the Towers coming down on the wall. Never forget who did it and see what he or she says.

  9. #18
    Before you start punching the buttons on the phone for the ACLU keep some things in mind:

    1. I would assume the computer is company property, right? If so, their computer, their rules.

    2. Your rights to freedom of speech are restricted when you are on the clock.

    Pick and choose the battles you find worth fighting. If this is one of them I just hope you have another job lined up. Plenty of people here will tell you to stand your ground, or call the ACLU, but how many of them would: 1) stand their ground and risk losing their job or getting a low rating on their next appraisal over a photo.(I bet when push came to shove most would cave in). 2) How many of these guys that you know so well that stand behind you would employ you and help you make your house payment when you're out of work over a photo?
    [B]Μολών Λαβέ

    كافر , and proud of it

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Speaking about folks being "weird" around guns. A new cashier was hired at the range I work at. The cashier that was training him asked about regular citizens being able to shoot hollow point ammunition. She told me that she heard that only military and law enforcement were able to have hollow points. I pulled out my back up magazine from my duty belt to show her my hollow point ammunition. At this point, the new guy ducked behind the counter. I asked the guy what was wrong, and he told me that he's afraid of guns. After realizing that I had only a magazine in my hand, and my gun was still holstered, he got back up from behind the counter.

    Don't know why a guy who's afraid of guns would want to work at a gun range.




    gf
    This just makes me go HUH?

    That is so stupid as to be beyond my comprehension. Maybe you should let the owner know you now have a very nervous cashier at the desk ducking for cover at the sight of guns and bullets. I don't think this is going to project the right image for his business for one think and it makes me nervous thinking what he might do.

    I wonder what in the world he was thinking taking a job at a range if he is so scared of guns? Weird!
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

  11. #20
    My background is a collage of my weapons while an ex-marine sniper friend of mine has a pic of him in a prone position with a 50 pulled up against his shoulder as a screen saver. both have gotten a few raised eybrows, but no one has told him or I to remove the images...
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast