3rd-Graders Accused Of Plot To Harm Teacher

Thread: 3rd-Graders Accused Of Plot To Harm Teacher

3rd-Graders Accused Of Plot To Harm Teacher

There is something very wrong with our society today and it has nothing to do with guns.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/15761296/detail.html
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

that's pretty disturbing. when I was a kid I was taught to actually have respect for my elders.... teachers.. parents. parents of friends.. the news gets worse and worse everyday.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

It gets harder and harder to teach kids to respect their elders with the world full of media that teaches the exact opposite. We've gone from Leave it to Beaver and the Brady Bunch to the Simpsons and others I don't watch. There are many subtle places kids are taught/shown that adults don't know anything. We recently had to remove Calvin and Hobbes from our son's library as I linked his reading it to a rise in disrespect to his parents, and I have nothing against Calvin and Hobbes from a grown up perspective, it just wasn't suitable reading for my kid. There are even Disney and PBS shows that foster this same attitude. There is just no substitute for good involved parenting. It's a difficult environment to be raising respectful kids in, and mine are by no means perfect, but it's not impossible for kids to learn respect if the parents will put some effort into teaching it. They sure aren't going to learn it from their environment.

Quote Originally Posted by mom of 3 angels View Post
    It gets harder and harder to teach kids to respect their elders with the world full of media that teaches the exact opposite. We've gone from Leave it to Beaver and the Brady Bunch to the Simpsons and others I don't watch. There are many subtle places kids are taught/shown that adults don't know anything. We recently had to remove Calvin and Hobbes from our son's library as I linked his reading it to a rise in disrespect to his parents, and I have nothing against Calvin and Hobbes from a grown up perspective, it just wasn't suitable reading for my kid. There are even Disney and PBS shows that foster this same attitude. There is just no substitute for good involved parenting. It's a difficult environment to be raising respectful kids in, and mine are by no means perfect, but it's not impossible for kids to learn respect if the parents will put some effort into teaching it. They sure aren't going to learn it from their environment.
    You are so right. I grew up with Leave it to Beaver and Andy Griffeth etc. Those shows actually taught morals and consequences to actions. When my children came along they watched the same shows. The garbage that is on T.V. now is appaling.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Agreed. Anyone ever watch South Park? It is ridiculous that they allow that to be aired. My 10 year old half brother and his friends watch that show almost every night.
    I like to think that good morals instilled by parents are more powerful than bad television in a child's mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

It's hard to teach our children to "respect our elders" with some of the stuff our elders have been doing. I'll mention a few names:

Bill Clinton
    Eliot Spitzer
    Kobe Bryant
    Nick Nolte

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

8. Mom you are so right. I have three kids all grown now but I have to say not one of them ever gave me any problems. And like you said thay are not perfect but I am very proud of all of them. But from a very early age they were educated to respect. We were involved in their lives with sports and school. Again supervision.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

As I have said before, my wife is graduating with an elementary education degree in a few weeks. She has a carry permit. Will she be allowed to protect herself and the others around her. No.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

For the record, these kids were in a mentally/emotionally handicapped class. They weren't just regular students. Obviously they had some pretty scary stuff going on to come up with all of that at such an early age though.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics