Absolut Ad Shows U.S. States Part Of Mexico

Thread: Absolut Ad Shows U.S. States Part Of Mexico

Angry Absolut Ad Shows U.S. States Part Of Mexico

i don't drink but if I did it would not be this that is for sure.

http://www.nbc5i.com/money/15826692/detail.html
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

At least from what I have read they pulled the ad. Of course, it was only after people protested. I, however, am somewhat surprised that the American people protested. Happily surprised of course.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Maybe closer than we think. I won't fight for Cal. Mexco can have it.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    I won't fight for Cal. Mexco can have it.
    lol, you read my mind brother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    lol, you read my mind brother.
    While they're at it, they can also have PRIL, PRNY, PRHI, and PRNJ. Sure the new country would not be entirely contiguous, but so what?:pirata:

It is somewhat refreshing to see people get up in arms about something. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the Absolut offices when calls and emails started coming in about the ad.

What kills me is that they would never post a similar ad about other countries, but for some reason they think it's OK to do for the United States. Can you imagine the uproar if they had done something similar with Taiwan/China, North and South Korea, or Russia and Finland?

It's like the Muslim/Christian thing - heaven forbid a Muslim ever get offended, but yet it's OK to offend Christians at every turn.
    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin
    (1706 - 1790)