Journalism at its finist......

Thread: Journalism at its finist......

Journalism at its finist......

Ok I was reading an article and came across this phase....

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapc...rta/index.html
    "The shooter used "dum dum" bullets, illegal to manufacture and banned by the Geneva Convention because they expand and fragment inside the body, creating an explosion of shrapnel. One piece of shrapnel took a trajectory toward my spinal column. It stopped 2 mm short."

Ok I'm guessing that they were actually hollow points which are banned by the Geneva Convention for use in war but are not illegal to manufacture or use for personal defense. Since I'm guessing this was not a war time scenario the Geneva Convention holds no weight. Then again anything to make a story sound better.... Even if it's not facts.

I can see it now. Next time I talk to an anti "but CNN says DumDum bullets or hollow point bullets are illegal."
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

www.theboxotruth.com has an interesting study on so-called "dum dum" bullets. Apparently, disfiguring a standard FMJ bullet tip has NO effect on its penetrative or expansive properties.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

"When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Red face New joisy

In Joisy ya can't have dem hollopoid boolits. It is against da laws and such.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Is this what would be referred to as a dum dum reporter?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Since when do we expect anything to be the truth from the media.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Is this what would be referred to as a dum dum reporter?
    Isn't saying dum dum reporter being redundant? It's more morally superior to be shot by an "illegal" bullet than to just be shot. Besides, most of their audience will accept anything they say without question.

YMOS,
    Tony
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt May 13, 1903