@#$# $##$ gov't spending!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: @#$# $##$ gov't spending!!!

One big problem are those families that have been on assistance for generations. They don't know anything different and have never been challenged to change their sense of normality. On the other hand the truly Disabled need all the help they can get and being disabled I know first hand what they go through.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

thanks!

yeah, when i was working on the east side, you cannot imagine..... able bodied young men and women sitting outside their apt drinking, etc when they could be wrking, going to school, etc jst causing rpoblems. and te few that did work... always too tired to cause problems because they had a job and if you gripe, you are a racist, facist, bigot, etc i for one am tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    yeah, when i was working on the east side, you cannot imagine..... able bodied young men and women sitting outside their apt drinking, etc when they could be wrking, going to school, etc jst causing rpoblems. and te few that did work... always too tired to cause problems because they had a job and if you gripe, you are a racist, facist, bigot, etc i for one am tired of it.
    Every day when I go to work, I pass a soup kitchen. Unfailingly, there's always between 10-20 guys (no women) standing out back sitting around talking. Sometimes they're playing basketball, sometimes having a BBQ, whatever. I never see any in wheelchairs, and they always look to be between 25-40 yoa...some black, some white; it's a pretty good mix with no bias either way.

There's a couple of other areas where all sorts of homeless people hang out. Again, while they don't look like they're in awesome health, they're not crippled, and they mostly just seem to be sitting around waiting for the Apocalypse.

Can't these people be doing something useful? Anything at all would be preferable to absolutely nothing.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

there are things they could do....

hey, i have a crappy job and it's only 2 days a week. but i got one.they could gater trash, sweep floors , there are things they could d if they wanted to work. ok, now for my story. my last job was working armed security at a apartment on te east side of Ft. Worth. well, i had been in a few fights, had nearly been run over by a car and had nearly gotten into a firefight. if i could have located the shooter{s** there would have been one. while this was happening, i called the boss for backup. he told me don't get shot and hungup. i called pd. they never arrived. i called my partned and she was in route and i told her what was happening she called me as she pulled into the gate and i told her to stay there and watch for me to make sure we got back to the office. as i came up thru the alley, she was there , weapon at the ready. i was hot needless to say because the boss, IMO, hung me out to dry. anyway we compared notes and concluded the boss was in on something. better not say more than that. anyway, i always told my wife about my day . when i got home , she was facing the wall, crying, house a disaster. she looked at me and said she needed to go back to work. she had been home with j every since his diagnosis and had handled it. shejust couldn't do it anymore. and j. is going thru adolescence now and eerything that that means, she said i needed to stay home. oh, and that i was getting to old to be chasing these young punks and dope dealers and tiredof worrying that one night i was not gonna come home. i said ok, and resigned. my partner resigned about 4 weeks later and said it got worse. and the boss ? big trouble with the state. anyway, i guess it was a good thing because in thenext year and 1/2, mostof my family had passed on. if it hdn't been for HK, i would have been in bad shape. my wife an i now work at our local walmart. it's close, and we bought a house, a fixer upper, but it will be ours. guess it's good since gas is 3.60 a gallon now. my wife likes her job. i hate mine, but i work with good people so it's bearable most of the time. i don't wear a badge anymore, but i still watch people's hands and navel. i still am on watch, i guess i always will be.i don't know when or if i will ever be able to turn it off. now you know......the rest of the story...

Hang in there Boris. I am sorry for the misfortune, but you seem to be making the best of it.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12