Living Under Surveillance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living Under Surveillance

Unhappy Living Under Surveillance

Good article in the New American Magazine. Are we the frog in water slowly boling and not even noticing it?

http://www.thenewamerican.com/node/5993
    Last edited by HK4U; 04-17-2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Add link
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

freedom does not exist anymore. absolutely pathetic.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

your right. are freedom is gone.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

This kind of surveillance thing unfortunately just continues to spread as technology evolves. The only way to resist it is to, as the article says, use it against itself in ways that won't get you arrested. Things like OnStar can be removed from your car, and things like that and phone signals can be blocked pretty effectively with Faraday cages or just a solid box. Your phone also won't send a signal if the battery is out, and even an iPhone (which comes from the factory with a non-removable battery) can be modified to make it removable.

What kind of seems unfortunate to me is that, on a mainstream basis, the people generally considered "liberals" have been the ones who've always called attention to unnecessarily surveillance. The NSA surveillance was widely defended by conservatives for partisan reasons, and just because they said, "Well, it's to stop terrorists, you know? It'll just work, trust us." The fact is though that it is what it is...an unconstitutional overreach of government authority, and no partisan affiliation can change that fact.

I'm starting to think that if the DoJ showed up and said, "Yeah...we're gonna have to burn your house down, to stop the terrorists" a lot of people would just say, "Oh well...gotta stop terror, so my house gets it." Terrorism has been around for a VERY long time - assassins once tried to kill Napoleon with a wagon bomb. They say one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter...well, Samson knocked over at least a good portion of a temple, killing many Philistine civilians who were packed inside or on the roof. The whole point was that he killed many more enemies in death than in life - a concept precisely emulated by today's suicide bombers. Call it what you will, but the Philistines probably would have called him a terrorist, and that was many thousands of years ago.

The point is not to justify these tactics - but that we have absolutely zero chance of stopping guerrilla warfare that targets civilians. That's nuts. It would be like saying we're going to end hunger, poverty, drugs or death. You can't end things like this; they just exist because we live in a fallen world, and people need to learn to deal with it.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

not totally gone yet,though...

or we would not be permitted to enjoy forums like this. do you realize that if we were in say cuba, soviet union, china, we could be arrested and executed for the thingswe have stated on this forum and others like it? take heart, though. i am sure we are not far behind. better warrior up. it truly is a brave new world. but not necessarily a better one. it's coming too, though....:mp230603214320Murde

Here is a link to an Alex Jones documentary I recommend on this topic:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62761605341661

For those of you who don't allready know of Alex Jones, he is a real journalist. Not one of the corporate controlled main stream journalist. He has put out many documentarys on the New World Order, and how our government officials are trying to sell out our country for there own power hungry agendas. He is one of the few remaining real patriots of this country. You can check him out at infowars.com or prisonplanet.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Alex Jones

[QUOTE=Cooter;22279]Here is a link to an Alex Jones documentary I recommend on this topic:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62761605341661

For those of you who don't allready know of Alex Jones, he is a real journalist. Not one of the corporate controlled main stream journalist. He has put out many documentarys on the New World Order, and how our government officials are trying to sell out our country for there own power hungry agendas. He is one of the few remaining real patriots of this country. You can check him out at infowars.com or prisonplanet.com[/QUOTE

I have one of his videos and read a lot of his stuff. Good info. ]
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Well make sure you have clean underwear on and your hair is combed just in case.This only the begining and one at a time we will all fall or submit.God bless all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    For those of you who don't allready know of Alex Jones, he is a real journalist. Not one of the corporate controlled main stream journalist.
    His position as Executive Producer of Loose Change leaves a great deal of doubt in my mind about that. LC was full of mistakes in basic areas of science and engineering, or things that were just straight-up falsehoods. It didn't "raise questions" of any kind - it mostly just disproved itself.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Give some examples of thier mistakes and falsehoods, if you would, Toreskha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast