First Axes not Irons!

Thread: First Axes not Irons!

First Axes now Irons!

I guess Irons are right behind axes on the items to ban list!

Oh and I finally hit 500 posts! Whhooooohoooo! Watch out HK, Doc, and Red Hat I'm catch'n up. If work didn't keep getting in the way I'd have caught up by now! lol

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/apr...?news-breaking
    Tampa Man Charged With Using Iron To Attack Wife

TAMPA - A woman was ironing clothes in her basement Friday morning when her husband came downstairs, grabbed the iron and used it as a weapon, police say.

Jimmie Lafran Cole, 53, was arrested Sunday night, according to a police report, which describes what happened:

After grabbing the iron from his wife in the basement of their home at 736 E. 113th Ave., he hit her over the head twice, creating two separate two-inch gashes. He then took the hot iron and burned the left side of her body and left breast. The victim, who was not named by police, was taken to a hospital, where she filled out a complaint against Cole.

He was arrested at about 9 p.m. Sunday night at 3904 Powhatan Ave. and charged with aggravated battery with a weapon (domestic violence), a felony.

Cole is in the Orient Road Jail today. No bail was set.
    Last edited by KimberPB; 04-28-2008 at 04:20 PM. Reason: spelling error
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Perhaps we should ban all electrical appliances.

Congrats on your 500th. We've enjoyed your post. :D
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Thanks Doc.

Ops title should have said "...now irons". Not sure how to correct it.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Thanks Doc.

Ops title should have said "...now irons". Not sure how to correct it.
    Should be able to hit the edit button under the first post and change it from there.

Hot irons are dangerous stuff! Curling irons are just as bad and more concealable . . . although I wouldn't want to carry a hot iron IWB for sure!

On a side note, he should have appreciated that she was doing the ironing--my hubby usually does his own after waiting far too long for me to get around to it . . .

Don't you just hate it when work gets in the way of important stuff. Oh well, such is life. Congrats on hitting # 500. Keep the posts coming.
    As far as the iron weilding husband sounds like he may have missed one or two of his anger management classes.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Thanks mom. I found it. I just needed to go into the advance setting to edit the title.

Guess that didn't work either! Oh well.
    Last edited by KimberPB; 04-28-2008 at 04:20 PM.
    - Benjamin Franklin

always the sign of a "real man" beating up on women... and with a hot iron?? I hope he meets big bubba in the big house and gets what he deserves.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

9. Talking

Sounds like he was just trying to get the winkles out, Sorry just could not resist
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.