Police State In America? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police State In America?

"cowboy" tactics

We are Americans. Ours' is a culture of guns. Even the most timid in my family has a shotgun in the house. That being said, kicking down doors, night or day, is a recipe for disaster.

A better tactic is to keep a suspect under surveillance with heavy UC vehicles (vans/trucks) laying in wait. When the suspect goes mobile, block all possible avenues of escape and conduct a felony stop using marked units. The suspect will know you are the police and the chances of someone getting hurt are dramatically reduced.

- my $.02
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey View Post
    We are Americans. Ours' is a culture of guns. Even the most timid in my family has a shotgun in the house. That being said, kicking down doors, night or day, is a recipe for disaster.

A better tactic is to keep a suspect under surveillance with heavy UC vehicles (vans/trucks) laying in wait. When the suspect goes mobile, block all possible avenues of escape and conduct a felony stop using marked units. The suspect will know you are the police and the chances of someone getting hurt are dramatically reduced.

- my $.02
    I couldn't agree more. If the government followed that advice we'd not have the headlines about innocent people murdered by JBT. Also, think of all the wonderful publicity the Clinton White House and Janet Reno's Justice Department would have missed without Ruby Ridge and Waco...:12::12:
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I couldn't agree more. If the government followed that advice we'd not have the headlines about innocent people murdered by JBT. Also, think of all the wonderful publicity the Clinton White House and Janet Reno's Justice Department would have missed without Ruby Ridge and Waco...:12::12:
    JBT?.......
    Legalize Freedom!

JBT?.......
    Mr. LaPierre's quite apt description of some of our government's most valued members:

Urban Dictionary: jack booted thug

They protect us from ninjas:

Thank God for the brave jack-booted thugs at ATF who keep us safe from the threat of ninjas - What Would Jack Do?
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

- my $.02
    That's good for suspects that need to be apprehended individually...what about situations where there are multiple people in a house and there's evidence inside that could quickly be flushed down a toilet? The element of surprise helps a lot in such a situation.

I don't know what an alternative would be...but I would be interested in hearing one. A possible solution might be firing tear gas/flash bang grenades inside in advance to stun everyone and also let them know what it's not your garden variety B&R.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    That's good for suspects that need to be apprehended individually...what about situations where there are multiple people in a house and there's evidence inside that could quickly be flushed down a toilet? The element of surprise helps a lot in such a situation.

I don't know what an alternative would be...but I would be interested in hearing one. A possible solution might be firing tear gas/flash bang grenades inside in advance to stun everyone and also let them know what it's not your garden variety B&R.
    ...good point, Tores. For whichever tactic is employed, the importance of surveillance cannot be understated. Coordinate with public utilities to cut power and water, get a blueprint from city hall for the target layout. Tear gas is a good move as it causes less fires than flsh-bangs. Keep your options open.

If your only tool is a hammer, all problems look like a nail.
    Legalize Freedom!

Actually, we need to get to the heart of the problem. Police departments are under funded, under manned and with what funds they do get, it's just plain misappropriated. The police departments are being run by politicians that don't have a clue. Departments want SWAT teams but really don't need them so they have to find any and all reasons to use them. Also, police today can't or won't take the time to gather information. in other words, do police work, like they use to do in years past. They would rather do it the quick and easy way. I'm beginning to rant, so I'll stop here. It is pretty scary though.
    New York State Consolidated Laws, Civil Rights, Article 2-Bill of Rights, Section 4

S 4. Right to keep and bear arms. A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.

9. The part I don't like is the confication of properity. This does make a profit for the department. So why not try to get good stuff. Police are not or should not be in the lets make money mode. If they want what tou have they can get it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12