Are you an Obama fan? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you an Obama fan?

I can't think of anything I would agree with Ossama on.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I can't think of anything I would agree with Ossama on.
    You mean you are not in favor of change? Obama dies not worry me as much as his posse that is hanging around him waiting to take charge as soon as he is elected. I already see some of it here and the other day I overheard three women talking about what they were going to do as soon as he got elected. Let me assure you it wasn't pleasant to hear their plans. This is what worries me about him.

As much as I dissagree with some of Bush's actions and the Republican party's stand on some things I cannot come close to being willing to forsake them for Obama. McCain is not close to my first, second or third choice but stil ahead of any the Democrats have put forward so far. I am still holding out hope that Paris Hilton will run. She is just as qualified and a lot better looking to be seen on TV every day for the next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    You mean you are not in favor of change? Obama dies not worry me as much as his posse that is hanging around him waiting to take charge as soon as he is elected. I already see some of it here and the other day I overheard three women talking about what they were going to do as soon as he got elected. Let me assure you it wasn't pleasant to hear their plans. This is what worries me about him.

As much as I dissagree with some of Bush's actions and the Republican party's stand on some things I cannot come close to being willing to forsake them for Obama. McCain is not close to my first, second or third choice but stil ahead of any the Democrats have put forward so far. I am still holding out hope that Paris Hilton will run. She is just as qualified and a lot better looking to be seen on TV every day for the next 5 years.
    I would like to see change but for the better not worse. I would haev liked to see Ron Paul but the two major parties in this country have such a strangle hold on the system that it is not likely there will ever be any real change.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I'd give him some change if he would just shut up. He probably only takes quarters though.

I am still holding out hope that Paris Hilton will run. She is just as qualified and a lot better looking to be seen on TV every day for the next 5 years.
    I guess so, if that's per your taste. lol
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

DrDavidM, that's funny stuff but your not gonna believe this, I live only about 20 minutes from Elmira and I could actually see that happening. LOL Except I'm not sure if there would be a "Johnny" in the class. Can you say baaaaa.
    New York State Consolidated Laws, Civil Rights, Article 2-Bill of Rights, Section 4

S 4. Right to keep and bear arms. A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.

As someone who believes that the Constitution is a sacrosanct document (for the most part), I do believe that there are no good choices in this election, and from that perspective, there haven't been any since Grover Cleveland. Think about it; how many presidents since Cleveland have governed completely in accordance with the Constitution?

I happen to believe that Abraham Lincoln was the greatest president in American history, and I believe this because it is due to him that there is still a United States today. However, his stewardship of the Civil War (ie., suspension of habeus corpus, his blockade of Southern ports, the disannexation of West Virginia from Virginia, and the list goes on and on) set a precedent for future presidents to disregard the Constitution as they see fit, a precedent that is alive and well today. I believe that, in very limited circumstances, that there are things that transcend the Constitution, and preserving the Union is one of those things. However, no president since Lincoln has, in my opinion, been able to justify going beyond the Constitution for any reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12