What happened to people with manners?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to people with manners?

What happened to people with manners?

Here latley I have had quite a few run-ins with people who were raised in barns. My parents never let me interupt people talking, not hold a door for a lady, get away with saying yes and no Maam/Sir.......WTF is wrong with people.

#1 PET PEEVE-------PEOPLE INTERUPTING ME WHEN I AM TALKING!!!!!!!!

Remember your Couth people......someone is always watching!

Amen buddy, i work with an idividual with some manners like this. :bicycle:

I blame the parents...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

5. I know I was in a meeting the other day and a person there was saying the schools need to do this and the schools need to do that, NO! the schools need to teach the kids and the parents need to raise the kids. AND that is all I have to say about that. :Poep:
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    I know I was in a meeting the other day and a person there was saying the schools need to do this and the schools need to do that, NO! the schools need to teach the kids and the parents need to raise the kids. AND that is all I have to say about that. :Poep:
    Very well said, the schools job is to teach kids, math, science, reading, arts, etc... not morals, manners, discipline, honor, etc.. thats the respondsibility of the parents!

Quote Originally Posted by IheartTedNugent View Post
    Here latley I have had quite a few run-ins with people who were raised in barns. My parents never let me interupt people talking, not hold a door for a lady, get away with saying yes and no Maam/Sir.......WTF is wrong with people.

Every time they interrupt, just say "Watch out, it's an interrupting donkey!" You can explain that there's an interrupting ass that keeps butting in, and for their safety, you're letting them know to stay out of the way.

IMO however there are exceptions to the etiquette against interruptions. People who over-explain their motives, or are long talkers (rambling on pointlessly) are themselves being impolite, and probably need to be interrupted or else nothing will get done.

"I'm sorry I didn't call you back! I was going to call you on the way to the store, but then..." (cue up the 15-minute story)
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Unfortunately, manners have gone down the same road as common sense

No self goverment. Lack of respect for people all products of no MAN in the family.

Red face I'm sorry to interupt

Quote Originally Posted by IheartTedNugent View Post

Were you guys saying something????

Parents are to blame!

Me personally? I was raised by wolves.:icon_eek:
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

......wife and I going into a store....... another lady approached from the other direction...... I opened the door for the other lady, and she looks up at me and says, "what, do you think my arms are broke ?" My wife dropped her purse, and started forwards, and told the lady that "no, but I can fix that...." but I grabbed her shirt before anyone got thumped. Us old folks, especially me, don't deal with that crap very well........
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast