China Admits Burying U.S. POW - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: China Admits Burying U.S. POW

China Admits Burying U.S. POW

Good morning all. I am posting for the first time here. I enjoy reading on this forum very much.

I got an eerie feeling reading this thread. When I was in grade school in Michigan(I am 40-something now), I had a teacher whose son was a POW. For many years I wore a silver bracelet on my wrist that bore his name & other military identification on it. She sold these to people in an effort to raise money to find her son. She was a wonderful teacher. I do remember a haunting sadness in her eyes, however.

After reading this post, I decided to google "POWMIA list" and came up with the following link: E Bios Index. It was strange to read his information, "Lt. Walter Estes, Jr." exactly as I remember him on my bracelet. I already knew that his remains were found, providing some closure for my beloved teacher. She passed away many years ago but at least she was able to bury her son before she did.

I like the fact that there are people that still feel these issues are more important than who won American Idol this week.

I hope the link provides some help for anyone interested.

Take Care.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Technology is not the answer. This will take a Human Intelleigence effort (HUMINT) the like of which have not been seen since the cold war. It will also take years of research in Russian, Chinese, and North Korean Archives to decipher and determine the whereabouts and final resting places of our comrades.
    That's assuming they kept records, and once we get access to those records. NK doesn't seem to be too cooperative right now.

As for ground penatraiting radar...the technology does not exist as an airborne asset. We will need it to find individual gravesites but it cannot and will not determine ethniciticy. It sends a shockwave though the ground from a cannon shell and locates returns with different density. It does not scan and does not show orientation of bones.
    It's not something that exists now...all I'm saying is there's always going to be some people missing. If you want to find everyone who died in battle in remote villages, then you'd have to wait until something far-out becomes reality.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Exclamation This is the point

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    That's assuming they kept records, and once we get access to those records. NK doesn't seem to be too cooperative right now.

It's not something that exists now...all I'm saying is there's always going to be some people missing. If you want to find everyone who died in battle in remote villages, then you'd have to wait until something far-out becomes reality.
    POW's have been tracked to Russia, China, North Korea and Laos. many were not returned because of contempt or intelligence value. Many were tortured to death in ways to hideous to fathom. We as a nation need to demand an accounting of those not returned. Any answer that has eveidence to the contrary should be brought to the table for sanctions and possible retribution. It is time to let these petty thugs know we want them back or a resonable answer as to why not. You cannot in good consious just say that people will go missing in wars. We have a duty as Americans to never leave a man behind. We all need to be on the same page about this.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

MIA's

POW's have been tracked to Russia, China, North Korea and Laos. many were not returned because of contempt or intelligence value. Many were tortured to death in ways to hideous to fathom. We as a nation need to demand an accounting of those not returned. Any answer that has eveidence to the contrary should be brought to the table for sanctions and possible retribution. It is time to let these petty thugs know we want them back or a resonable answer as to why not. You cannot in good consious just say that people will go missing in wars. We have a duty as Americans to never leave a man behind. We all need to be on the same page about this.

One place to start would be to quit giving most favorable trade status to these nations and stop giving aid and money to them.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I agree that we should try for 100% recovery - either actual remains or an explanation of some sort. We should be able to get the vast majority (99% or better) back. And, key to our success would be starting a serious effort ASAP, as the people involved are getting older and dying off every day.

The government should attempt to get all of the information available together in one place, and approach the friendlier countries (China, Vietnam) first. If we have success there, we could then use them and their experience with the process to pressure NK to offer up anything they might have.

The flip side of course is that we would need to reciprocate with anything that we have.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Exclamation At least we are honest about detainees

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    I agree that we should try for 100% recovery - either actual remains or an explanation of some sort. We should be able to get the vast majority (99% or better) back. And, key to our success would be starting a serious effort ASAP, as the people involved are getting older and dying off every day.

The government should attempt to get all of the information available together in one place, and approach the friendlier countries (China, Vietnam) first. If we have success there, we could then use them and their experience with the process to pressure NK to offer up anything they might have.

The flip side of course is that we would need to reciprocate with anything that we have.
    We are wide open about Gitmo and detention camps like Abu Graib. I don't think we'll have an ethics problem just a problem with lying former enemies who refuse to give up the truth because it will shred what little bit of credibility they might have with the UN and other global networks.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12