China Admits Burying U.S. POW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: China Admits Burying U.S. POW

  1. #1

    Angry China Admits Burying U.S. POW

    And it appears to undercut the Pentagon's public stance that China returned all POWs it held inside China


    This is the first crack in the dike. From what we can tell, the Pentagon has not aggressively followed up, either on the Desautels case or those of hundreds of other Americans for whom the Chinese should be able to account."

    Gen. Mark W. Clark, the American commander of U.S.-led forces during the final stages of the Korean War, wrote in a 1954 account that "we had solid evidence" that hundreds of captive Americans were held back by the Chinese and North Koreans, possibly as leverage to gain a China seat on the U.N. Security Council.

    Over time, however, U.S. officials muted their concerns, while periodically pressing the Chinese in private. Publicly, the Pentagon's stance today is that China returned all the U.S. POWs it held.

    If this does not tick you off I don't know what will. I have heard for years that our buracrats from the top down have known about MIA's being held and have lied about it and covered it up. We send our boys to fight and die sometimes for reasons that are lies themselves and then we leave them to live out their lives in a foreign prison.

    China Admits Burying U.S. POW - TIME
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    This is something that we should follow up on and be more aggressive about in the future.

    There's another side to it, though...
    the Chinese and North Koreans withheld a number of U.S. POWs, possibly in retaliation for U.S. refusal to repatriate those Chinese and North Korean POWs who chose not to be returned to their home country out of fear of retribution.
    The attitude of the NK and Chinese POWs was understandable, but by allowing them to stay we give the enemy an excuse to hold our own people. Who's worth more to us, some enemy POWs who might be spies or our own soldiers?
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,096

    Exclamation Bring them all home!

    We have a sacred duty to bring home every single American serviceman that has been deployed to a hostile combat environment. Even if this means searching for years after battles are won or lost. We owe it to the families and we owe it to the HONOR of those who have fallen or have been taken prisoner...

    LEST WE FORGET!
    POWMIA
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    We have a sacred duty to bring home every single American serviceman that has been deployed to a hostile combat environment. Even if this means searching for years after battles are won or lost. We owe it to the families and we owe it to the HONOR of those who have fallen or have been taken prisoner...

    LEST WE FORGET!
    POWMIA
    Do we have somewhere a reliable accounting of how many are still missing or otherwise? Seems like there should be a big list, or a system of lists.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,096

    Exclamation There Is a National Database

    Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Do we have somewhere a reliable accounting of how many are still missing or otherwise? Seems like there should be a big list, or a system of lists.
    There is a Natl. Database of POW/MIA. I don't have the link yet, but I will get one.
    Last edited by festus; 06-22-2008 at 06:46 PM.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,096

    Exclamation I have two namesakes in the POW/MIA database

    POW/MIA Databases & Documents (Federal Research Division: Customized Research and Analytical Services, Library of Congress)
    POW-MIA Records

    I have Two namesakes listed in the POW/MIA databases. This is very near and dear to my heart. I served for over 20 years but never did I give what these two fine Americans did. I want them back! The U.S. Government now has proof that our enemies of days gone by have been less than honest about this issue.

    I demand Action!

    I want all my fellow veterans to raise a ruckus until we bring them all home with honor.

    Name Status War Service Date State of Residence More Info
    HAGEN, CRAIG LOUIS BB VietNam War USA 1965/06/10 CA More Info
    HAGEN, RONALD WAYNE POW Korean War USA 12/1/50 ND More Info

    Ronnie...Craig... This is for you!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  8. #7
    The following may be of interest.

    AII POW-MIA - Gritz SSC Testimony
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    I have Two namesakes listed in the POW/MIA databases. This is very near and dear to my heart. I served for over 20 years but never did I give what these two fine Americans did. I want them back! The U.S. Government now has proof that our enemies of days gone by have been less than honest about this issue.

    I demand Action!

    I want all my fellow veterans to raise a ruckus until we bring them all home with honor.
    I agree we should do everything possible to find these guys, if they can be found. At some point (maybe in the far future, at the rate they're going), the Chinese, Vietnamese and Koreans are going to hand over all of the remains that they have. Hopefully McCain could launch an active initiative to recover these.

    After we account for all that can be accounted for, there will still be some missing. In some cases, villagers would bury soldiers from any side that died - and most of those villagers have probably since died themselves. Maybe we could use some sort of ground-penetrating radar from the air and have a computer resolve images that show skeletal structures consistent with non-asians. Unless there's reason to believe one of our soldiers is buried in a particular spot, we wouldn't want to go digging up their cemeteries.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    I agree we should do everything possible to find these guys, if they can be found. At some point (maybe in the far future, at the rate they're going), the Chinese, Vietnamese and Koreans are going to hand over all of the remains that they have. Hopefully McCain could launch an active initiative to recover these.

    After we account for all that can be accounted for, there will still be some missing. In some cases, villagers would bury soldiers from any side that died - and most of those villagers have probably since died themselves. Maybe we could use some sort of ground-penetrating radar from the air and have a computer resolve images that show skeletal structures consistent with non-asians. Unless there's reason to believe one of our soldiers is buried in a particular spot, we wouldn't want to go digging up their cemeteries.
    The shear idea of finding every servicemen/servicewoman who has been taken POW/MIA is impossible. I personally wish every one of them could be brought back home, alive, and given a medal. Unfortunatley it will not be that way.

    We should honor them the best we can and never forget what they have done for us.

    As for the ground penetrating radar bone finder consistent with non asians.......that sounds a little to Sci-Fi for me.....

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,096

    Exclamation I Heart Ted N. is right.

    Quote Originally Posted by IheartTedNugent View Post
    The shear idea of finding every servicemen/servicewoman who has been taken POW/MIA is impossible. I personally wish every one of them could be brought back home, alive, and given a medal. Unfortunatley it will not be that way.

    We should honor them the best we can and never forget what they have done for us.

    As for the ground penetrating radar bone finder consistent with non asians.......that sounds a little to Sci-Fi for me.....
    Technology is not the answer. This will take a Human Intelleigence effort (HUMINT) the like of which have not been seen since the cold war. It will also take years of research in Russian, Chinese, and North Korean Archives to decipher and determine the whereabouts and final resting places of our comrades.

    As for ground penatraiting radar...the technology does not exist as an airborne asset. We will need it to find individual gravesites but it cannot and will not determine ethniciticy. It sends a shockwave though the ground from a cannon shell and locates returns with different density. It does not scan and does not show orientation of bones.

    BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast