Obama's $845 Billion Global Poverty Act Could Be Passed this Week - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Obama's $845 Billion Global Poverty Act Could Be Passed this Week

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Sooooo......

    Foreclosures are way up.....
    Half of Cali is on fire.......
    Gas is over $4 a gallon.......
    They say we are in a recession.....
    Companies are having to lay people off......

    And he wants to spend $845 Billion on world aid!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    yeah he's really thinking out his @$$ huh?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    I don't like this type of thing either.

    But, the fact is that it doesn't require any expenditures at all. The only thing it requires is that the White House come up with a nonsense strategy. That's it. It's just a bunch of hot air and paperwork.

    Read the text here. It's just a paper tiger. There's no $845 billion, no money, no spending, no $$$.

    (a) Strategy- The President, acting through the Secretary of State, and in consultation with the heads of other appropriate departments and agencies of the Government of the United States, international organizations, international financial institutions, the governments of developing and developed countries, United States and international nongovernmental organizations, civil society organizations, and other appropriate entities, shall develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further the United States foreign policy objective of promoting the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.
    This is just a bunch of grandstanding for people to say they helped to fight global poverty, and others to say they opposed frivolous spending. It's like signing a petition and saying you're working to end genocide.
    Last edited by toreskha; 07-09-2008 at 06:19 PM.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Sooooo......

    Foreclosures are way up.....
    Half of Cali is on fire.......
    Gas is over $4 a gallon.......
    They say we are in a recession.....
    Companies are having to lay people off......

    And he wants to spend $845 Billion on world aid!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    he is the "messiah" after all, isn't he?

  5. 7.62 do it man.He is going to help us all out. Out of this world.

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    7.62 do it man.He is going to help us all out. Out of this world.
    i'm going to quit my job, close my business and get on the welfare line now...Who needs to work when we have Obama?

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    394

    Red face U Rule!

    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62 View Post
    i'm going to quit my job, close my business and get on the welfare line now...Who needs to work when we have Obama?
    7.62 Great Avatar, I watch the commercials only for 'So easy a Cave man...." Geiko tales. The gecko is loser kiss ass :-(
    Keep on posting M8, U bring a witty E=MC2 spin into subjects it takes other like me 2 pages to sell.
    Glad to have you as a member!

    Canis-Lupus

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    7.62 Great Avatar, I watch the commercials only for 'So easy a Cave man...." Geiko tales. The gecko is loser kiss ass :-(
    Keep on posting M8, U bring a witty E=MC2 spin into subjects it takes other like me 2 pages to sell.
    Glad to have you as a member!

    Canis-Lupus
    hey - thanks. i am usually persecuted for my views + sarcasm on other 2A type sites, so this is quite welcome!

    the geico commercials are some of my favorites. great marketing and 1/2 of them never speak of the product.

  9. #18
    I could use some world aid right about now.
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

  10. Only if you can lick your eyeballs

  11. #20
    ya know - the high gas prices, etc. have cut into my shooting and firearm budget drastically...where is my aid?
    "Around this turn where the cross will cast your shadow The people will all gather To remember such a day Where the flames grew as high as trees And the world stopped for you and me...

    ...Pain has never been so brilliant I made sure you were buckled in Now you can walk hand in hand Hand in hand with Him"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast