Obama's $845 Billion Global Poverty Act Could Be Passed this Week
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama's $845 Billion Global Poverty Act Could Be Passed this Week

Angry Obama's $845 Billion Global Poverty Act Could Be Passed this Week

Don't you just love stupidity in office? And he wants to be the leader of our country!

Center For Individual Freedom
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Angry Give a man a fish & feed him 4 a day......

Man, IMHO with 1/2 the globe living in what we would call hellish poverty, Africa, Asia, etc., I think we need to look at & try to solve the very poverty I see when I drive out in parts of my own town, or other town/cities I have lived in for 30 years in the US with those 'rail-road track divides' nice mansions on one side, shanty hooches on the other.
    Charity begins at home and 1/3+ of our citizens are very poor.
    Teach these nations how better themselve is fine, but the U.S.
    IMHO is not the 'Safeway of the World' on double-coupon day.
    Parts of the USA I have seen made me weep with shame.
    And parts have made me boil with anger @ the cash and lives
    they take for granted as normal, looking down w/scorn on the less privileged and making fun of the poor they never knew or ever will.
    I can find both in my own city, most of our patrons prolly can too.

Canis-Lupus

Canis-Lupus,

+1 On That!

Even in the United States, resources are not infinite. When making the decision to spend money, Congress should determine what the best use of the money is for Americans first. Furthermore, they need to recognize that every dollar that is sent overseas is one dollar (in this case, $845 billion) less that is available to help Americans. It seems to me that Canis-Lupus, based on the content of his post, favors the expansion of social welfare programs, something that I am against. Nevertheless, he is correct that all that money that is being sent overseas and to the UN is money that should be improving America, not other countries. It's time that the U.N. and the rest of the world stopped looking at the U.S. as if it were the world's ATM.
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 07-09-2008 at 03:14 AM.

Any time you give money to the U.N it is wasted money.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I am all for

helping the poor and handicapped. i have a handicapped child my self. we should use this money for job training and stuff likethat. i highly resent the fact that normal{!!!** healthy people get paid large checks for sitting on their dorito an dr. pepper butts all day and that their only goal in life is to reproduce. the nation's economy woulddo better if we removed ourselves from the UN altogether. it is just another sad attempt at world goverment like the league of nations. this bill will probably pass because it is what liberal democratic bedwetters do best.

Just like Hillery, he has a million ideas and WE can't afford them! What a MORON he is! Remember this, when it comes time to vote and you do not like who is on the ballet, WRITE in your choice and sleep well at night knowing you didn't vote wrong.
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Any time you give money to the U.N it is wasted money.
    No, it's not wasted, it lines the pockets of the senior UN members!

Sooooo......

Foreclosures are way up.....
    Half of Cali is on fire.......
    Gas is over $4 a gallon.......
    They say we are in a recession.....
    Companies are having to lay people off......

And he wants to spend $845 Billion on world aid!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Sooooo......

Foreclosures are way up.....
    Half of Cali is on fire.......
    Gas is over $4 a gallon.......
    They say we are in a recession.....
    Companies are having to lay people off......

And he wants to spend $845 Billion on world aid!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sounds like a buracrat doesn't he?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast