The Food Police have arrived in NYC!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The Food Police have arrived in NYC!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650

    The Food Police have arrived in NYC!

    New York City passes trans fat ban - Diet and nutrition - MSNBC.com

    As if telling New Yorkers what guns they can or cannot own in addition to telling them what they own, the food police are now telling New York restauranteurs that they can no longer prepare foods they way they want.

  2.   
  3. #2
    I am all for eating smarter and better and there is no doubt trans fats are bad. that being said people have to take responsibility for themselves. It is the individuals job to decide what he wants to eat. No one makes them go to the restaurants. Besides I am sure N.Y has enough problems they could be dealing with without policing what people are eating. Next thing you know they will be searching homes to make sure no one is eating something that is on the ban list.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I am all for eating smarter and better and there is no doubt trans fats are bad. that being said people have to take responsibility for themselves. It is the individuals job to decide what he wants to eat. No one makes them go to the restaurants. Besides I am sure N.Y has enough problems they could be dealing with without policing what people are eating. Next thing you know they will be searching homes to make sure no one is eating something that is on the ban list.
    Maybe the name of the city should be changed from New York City to Oceania, and instead of Mayor, Michael Bloomberg would be addressed as Big Brother. Furthermore, anyone who purchases foods that contain trans fat would have to register those foods with Big Brother, for a fee of $500. However, in an effort to subvert the this fee, a trans fat black market would develop and food related crimes would begin to rise.

  5. I guess now that they feel they are losing their fight on guns NY is going to starve us to death. As was said it is up to the person to take responsibility for his or her own actions.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Another great idea from the NYC officials! Maybe they should also require mandatory daily exercise.

    NYC ... where you're free to choose ........... anything on the NYC approved list!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Maybe the name of the city should be changed from New York City to Oceania, and instead of Mayor, Michael Bloomberg would be addressed as Big Brother. Furthermore, anyone who purchases foods that contain trans fat would have to register those foods with Big Brother, for a fee of $500. However, in an effort to subvert the this fee, a trans fat black market would develop and food related crimes would begin to rise.
    Sounds like San Angeles and next they will outlaw everything that is bad for you.........

    Then we'll have to wait for John Spartan to show us all the proper way to live.
    "The Detonics CombatMaster .45 is a premium quality professional tool for the serious handgun expert and combat shooter. It is capable of providing the brute force stopping power of the standard-sized .45 in a size no larger than a snub-nosed .38." Colonel Jeff Cooper

    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then, is not an act but a habit." Aristotle
    NV Tactical: Northern Virginia's #1 Source for Professional, Tactical Firearms Training

  8. #7
    If you do not brush your hair or teeth it will be a misdemeanor. Not wiping C.P.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    If you do not brush your hair or teeth it will be a misdemeanor. Not wiping C.P.
    What about not washing your hands after using the bathroom?

    or

    Picking your nose while cruising down the highway?? (Come on we have all seen it!)
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  10. #9
    (said with a drunken slur)
    "aren't I in america? oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was america"
    south park

    time to start a food storage of all our tasty junk food.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast