This is America!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is America!!!

Re: mandatory language

In high school, I had to take a language coruse(Spanish, in my case). Took it for three years and was pretty good at it but don't remember much nowadays.

Back then, it was to learn about other cultures but nowadays it is being pushed so that we can understand those(illegal and legal immigrants) who [B]refuse[B] to learn our English language!!! Yes, in Europe, English is spoken by many because English is considered to be the international business language. But, many Europeans can speak multiple languages as well.

I don't think that we should be forced to learn another language to accomodate those who refuse to learn our language. We live, work, and speak English in the United States of America for crying out loud!!!!!!

Did any of you know that the Voting Rights Act also requires that in areas where English is not the prevailing language, that ballots must be printed in the region's dominant language. I don't know about any of you, but our Constitution needs to be amended to make English the official language of this country. I'm not proposing outlawing speaking other languages like the left would have us believe. I'm talking about requiring government business, ballots, road signs, etc. to be English only and doing away with bilingual education in schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Does anyone really ever LISTEN to this guy? I swear the only good idea he's had is to end the Microsoft monopoly on Gov't required software.

Seriously, he scares the [email protected]#T out of me......... :(
    how can he have so many supporters? he has evil written all over him.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Did any of you know that the Voting Rights Act also requires that in areas where English is not the prevailing language, that ballots must be printed in the region's dominant language. I don't know about any of you, but our Constitution needs to be amended to make English the official language of this country. I'm not proposing outlawing speaking other languages like the left would have us believe. I'm talking about requiring government business, ballots, road signs, etc. to be English only and doing away with bilingual education in schools.
    I believe that way back when.. there was a vote between german being the official language. or english... guess which one won?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

6. When the voting split is 50-50 some one has to lose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12