"Big Ol Hole in Plane"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Big Ol Hole in Plane"

"Big Ol Hole in Plane"

?Big hole? in Qantas plane prompts landing - News - MSNBC.com

‘Big hole’ in Qantas plane prompts landing
    Jet touches down in Manila after mysterious 'explosive decompression'

MANILA, Philippines - A hole the size of a small car in the underside of a Qantas jumbo jet carrying 346 passengers forced the pilot to make an emergency landing Friday after a rapid descent over the South China Sea.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, thats why im scarred to death of flying!

And that is just one of many reasons whay I don't fly. Never have, never will. I know, I have heard all the stats before about how you are more likely to be killed in a car. Doesn't matter. I am still not flying.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Looks like it blew out from a bagage bin. Nobody hurt ,all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Looks like it blew out from a bagage bin. Nobody hurt ,all is good.
    What? The only time I think a flight fits the 'all is good' category is when it is completely uneventful.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

The significant fact here is that a hole the size of a small car is ripped into the belly of the aircraft and it still flew and managed to land safely.

I believed this is why antis don't want people carrying guns on planes.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    And that is just one of many reasons whay I don't fly. Never have, never will. I know, I have heard all the stats before about how you are more likely to be killed in a car. Doesn't matter. I am still not flying.
    I just avoid the planes with holes in them. That strategy has worked so far.

Looks more like a repeat of what happened on the Hawaiian flight a number of years back, metal fatigue, caused by too many landings n takeoff cycles.

Any time you can walk away from an airplane after landing it is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    I just avoid the planes with holes in them. That strategy has worked so far.
    The problem is those that develope holes in mid air.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast