Pets anybody?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets anybody?

Pets anybody?

ishi's cat thread got me wondering.

How many pets do you have?

I have two dogs; a Rhodesian Ridgeback named Chesterton (the literary theme continues). My other dog is the mean one. He is a Bichon Friese named Snowy. :) He really is the better guard dog of the two.

I also have two cats; Gabriel and Raphael, named after the angels, not the turtles.

We also have 4 hens, for eggs.

Those are my permanent residents. In the last year I've had snakes, rabbits, a mole, spiders, etc. as temporary pets.

We have about 100 pound Akita named Beowulf (frequently referred to as puppy), a black cat named Eve, a tabby named buttercup, and a large white cat named Leo (usually called fatty).
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Chocolate Lab, Emily Pearl (born on Pearl Harbor day). She'll be 7 this year. 85 lbs. of Goofy Love.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

5. 110 lb Golden Retriever, two cats, a parakeet and a Russian Tortoise!

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

One dog. We got him from my wife's cousin who adopted him as a puppy from a shelter - told us he was a Rott mix of some kind. My wife got on the internet and put in 'Rottweiler mix' just to see what she could find. Oddly enough, she found a picture that looked pretty much exactly like our dog. The person's page said their's was a Rott/Husky mix, so I guess that's what our dog is. He's a great dog - he's loving and playful with us, and a couple of times he's shown that he will get VERY 'business-like' when things go bump in the night.

Here's the pic off the internet that looks like him, and then one of him.

I have never have been able to get a perfect full-attention picture of him - we can get him to make 'the face' and as soon as he sees the camera, he gets silly.
    Last edited by Muzz; 10-12-2007 at 01:06 AM.
    Luke 22:35-36

كافر

I'd like to get a dog but that won't be feasible anytime soon.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I have a 10 year old mixed breed dog,part shepard part akita ,part ?,but hes a great watchdog who has chased off unwanted people many times,also have an orange tabby cat that is over 24 years old and sleeps along side the dog every night.

I've got 2 dogs... a 6 month-old Black-Lab / German Shepherd mix named Leonidas. He's about 65 lb already. The other is a rescue from the local shelter, he's a 3-4 year-old mutt which resembles a Blue-Heeler / Rottweiler mix. He's 70lb, and his name is Rex.

Rex got bitten by a Copperhead Friday, actually... he's in a bad way, so, be praying for him. We're pretty sure he'll live, but it'll be a long recovery I think.

There's also a kitten that's been hanging around... my wife claims that it's ours, but I'm not taken with that idea yet. It does get along well with the dogs though. Her name is Spodos (pronounces 'so-dose'), which is Ancient Greek for "ashes" (she's a grey cat).

I suppose with a given name, and her own bag of cat-food, I can't really deny claiming her.

10. critters

We've got a pair of Jack Russell terriers, Fenris and Arrow. Arrow has recently decided that the bathtub, full of water and person, is just about the best thing in the world. She's dripping wet right now. *sigh*

Combat!

Shelley delivers a devastating face-smush to Byron. Oh, the humanity!

Byron with a straight right to Shelley's left eye! Brutal!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast