Gas station etiquette
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas station etiquette

Angry Gas station etiquette

OK here goes...

1. When you buy gas get it and then move your car. I don't want to sit there waiting on your inconsiderate self to get a dang slushy and read 6 magazines you will not buy.

2. When people are in line for the pumps...don't whip around the end of the gas island facing the wrong way and prevent whomever was next from moving forward. I have a 4x4 for people like that for a reason.

3. If an elderly or disabled person is having trouble...HELP THEM OUT! it will only make things faster for everyone and give you cool points with the rest of the decent people.

4. Do not use your cell phone...smoke or...leave your vehicle running. I would just as soon not burn to death because you are a moron.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

i remember....

real gas stations. the attendant would pump the gas, check the tires, clean your windshield while you took a leak,grabbed a coke and a moon pie or sandwich. and gas was.75 a gallon. and my daddy thought that was outrageous!!! i might would not mind....... oh, who am i kidding? i do mind.....

4. Angry My Pet Peeve

OMG that is my pet peeve. I hate it when I am setting behind some slack jawed inbreed redneck talking in side the station with two or three cars lined up (that they can see by the way) as if nothing is going on. What a way to miss up my day.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    OK here goes...

1. When you buy gas get it and then move your car. I don't want to sit there waiting on your inconsiderate self to get a dang slushy and read 6 magazines you will not buy.

2. When people are in line for the pumps...don't whip around the end of the gas island facing the wrong way and prevent whomever was next from moving forward. I have a 4x4 for people like that for a reason.

3. If an elderly or disabled person is having trouble...HELP THEM OUT! it will only make things faster for everyone and give you cool points with the rest of the decent people.

4. Do not use your cell phone...smoke or...leave your vehicle running. I would just as soon not burn to death because you are a moron.

Talking on a cell phone while refueling has never been linked to any explosions or fires. It may be irritating to watch someone dragging their *** due to yapping on a cell phone, but it's not a fire hazard.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I read that no cell phone has ever been linked to any fire of explosion and any gas station, ever.

The statement that you should not use your cell phone around fuel pumps must have been made by some
    governmental bureaucrat trying to assert him/herself.
    The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

And another thing. Turn that stupid radio down! Just because you want to ruin your hearing with that crap does not mean everyone else wants to hear it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    real gas stations. the attendant would pump the gas, check the tires, clean your windshield while you took a leak,grabbed a coke and a moon pie or sandwich. and gas was.75 a gallon. and my daddy thought that was outrageous!!! i might would not mind....... oh, who am i kidding? i do mind.....
    75 cents a gallon!!!!!!!!!! I remember buying gas for 19 cents a gallon. The standard for years was 32 for regular. When the Self-Service started it was a 3 cents discount for pumping it yourself. I understand in New Jersey that you still can't pump it yourself but since I stay from there I don't know.

What I really hate is 20 pumps available and some joker pulls up to the same pump as you on the other side knowing that it will slow the flow down. I have found at some stations that the flow is cut a good bit by tow people on the same pump. That and not pulling to the last pump in a 3 pump line blocking anyone from getting to the other two.
    Last edited by FN1910; 08-11-2008 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    75 cents a gallon!!!!!!!!!! I remember buying gas for 19 cents a gallon. The standard for years was 32 for regular. When the Self-Service started it was a 3 cents discount for pumping it yourself. I understand in New Jersey that you still can't pump it yourself but since I stay from there I don't know.

What I really hate is 20 pumps available and some joker pulls up to the same pump as you on the other side knowing that it will slow the flow down. I have found at some stations that the flow is cut a good bit by tow people on the same pump. That and not pulling to the last pump in a 3 pump line blocking anyone from getting to the other two.
    +1. I remember gas getting to 75 cents I thought the end of the world had come. When I was a teen 2 bucks would fill up my tank.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    And another thing. Turn that stupid radio down! Just because you want to ruin your hearing with that crap does not mean everyone else wants to hear it.
    On many military bases you can be cited if you car audio can be heard 20 feet from the vehicle. Hawaii has a similar law that makes the limit 30 feet.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Exclamation Is your cell phone intrinsically safe?

Quote Originally Posted by OM44 View Post
    I read that no cellphone has ever been linked to any fire of explosion and any gas station, ever.

The statement that you should not use your cell phone around fuel pumps must have been made by some
    governmental bureaucrat trying to assert him/herself.
    Is your cell phone intrinsically safe? does it have a spark arresting shield and gasket system to allow for use in a dangerous vapor environment? I doubt it. Just because it has not been linked to and the MYTHBUSTERS used some really bad science to misprove their point, why risk it.

The flash point of gasoline is extremely low as it is.

We were not allowed to xmit on a handheld radio within 50 Ft of an aircraft being refuelled with JP8 (much higher flash point than gasoline). This was all due to basic intrinsic safety.

This was before there were ever cell phones and the same principles still hold true. Once again, why risk it?
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast