2 Explosions at Texas Fertalizer Plant

Thread: 2 Explosions at Texas Fertalizer Plant

2 Explosions at Texas Fertalizer Plant

DEVELOPING: Emergency crews in Texas are responding to two large explosions at a fertilizer plant in the town of West, near Waco, authorities say.

Gayle Scarbrough, a spokeswoman for the Department of Public Safety in Waco, told television station KWTX that DPS troopers have been transporting the injured to hospitals in their patrol cars. She says six helicopters were also en route.

The blast at West Fertilizer plant, reported shortly before 8 p.m. CT, was confirmed by Waco police dispatch operators. First responders are dealing with numerous injuries and major damage to structures and vehicles, Scarbrough said.

Several buildings, some in residential areas, were reported to be burning, others destroyed, and a nearby nursing home was damaged, according to a report from KWTX.

Initial reports say people are trapped in a nearby nursing home and an apartment building.

A local school football field is being setup as a staging area, and emergency units are also being asked to gather.

According to scanner traffic, authorities are trying to block drivers from coming into town and evacuations are underway,

Read more: Numerous injuries reported in large explosion at Texas fertilizer plant | Fox News
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

My preliminary thoughts are these are not related to Boston.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

20 miles away from Waco, imagine that.
    "I, sitting at my desk, certainly had the authorities to wiretap anyone, from you, or your accountant, to a federal judge, to even the President if I had a personal email". -American Patriot Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html