Judge says UC can deny religious course credit - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge says UC can deny religious course credit

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Just as a conversation enhancer, and not for any particular reason (other than that I like to play Devil's Advocate and try to see the side that's sometimes overlooked...)...

Satan is also called the 'Great Deceiver', because, having dominion over the Earth (we are told), he can place things in our lives which are designed to fool us into disbelieving what God offers and try to turn us away...right?

S'pose Satan simply puts all these things here . . . dinosaur bones; old rocks; whatever it is that has us believing, "scientifically", that the Bible is wrong and science is right? Suppose it's all a great big Satanic joke meant to decieve us and, in the end, everything in the Bible is true and accurate?

I'm not sayin' anything . . . I'm just sayin'. Just suppose...

Nice thought, but I don't think it's true. Just like dinosaur bones show us that dinosaurs used to inhabit earth, old human bones show us the humans who used to inhabit earth.

BTW, how is anyone able to determine just how old the earth is from the Bible? I know my Bible pretty well, but I don't recall anywhere in it that hints at how old the earth is.

Quite the contrary. Based on the decendents of Adam in Genesis 5 and other scriptures then comparing them to know dates it is easily calculated.

I guess I never caught that. I believe the Bible, but I also believe the fossil record. The evidence of the earth being billions of years old is just too convincing to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Quite the contrary. Based on the decendents of Adam in Genesis 5 and other scriptures then comparing them to know dates it is easily calculated.

I'll help you out:

October 23: James Ussher; Christian History Institute

October 23, 4004 B. C. • Ussher's Date for the Beginning of the World
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post

I'm just as Christian as anyone on this board, but seriously, isn't believing that the Earth is only 7,000 years old akin to the once popular belief among Christians that the sun and planets revolve around the Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I'm just as Christian as anyone on this board, but seriously, isn't believing that the Earth is only 7,000 years old akin to the once popular belief among Christians that the sun and planets revolve around the Earth?
    Don't know about that. Carbon dating that has been used to try and date things has proven to be inaccurate in many cases.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Don't know about that. Carbon dating that has been used to try and date things has proven to be inaccurate in many cases.

In just as many cases it has also been quite accurate. Yes, carbon dating, just like many other scientific processes, is imperfect and imprecise, but at the end of the day, the fossil record doesn't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Thanks, I did a quick Google search and didn't find that one but found a few others with varying dates.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Some of us don't view this ruling as bad. Need I remind you that the Supreme Court also ruled in our favor for Heller.
    What does it say? That we are created and our rights come not from government or some paper but from the Creator. Do you really think the atheist and agnostics we have trying to run our country or ruin our country are smarter than Jefferson and the other Founding Fathers of our country?
    Yes because their mind is not polluted with something that may not exist.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I did not ask to be directed to a wikiedia article on the subject. I asked you to show me where in the Constitution that this invention of the concept of "separation of church and state" can be found. Show me the part of the Constitution that requires separation of church and state. As soon as you can show me where the Constitution mentions that, I'll shut up.
    It was derived through a subsequent amendments to the Constitution and case law. Why reinvent the wheel? If the wikipedia link has the information, why should I waste bandwidth, energy and time rehashing it? You have to look at is today not how it was over two centuries ago. You cannot have Amish beliefs about the law. It is what it is today.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast