Judge says UC can deny religious course credit - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 84

Thread: Judge says UC can deny religious course credit

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Yes because their mind is not polluted with something that may not exist.
    Well that's your oppinion and as I have said before that is one of two thngs we all have.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Green Valley (Henderson) NV
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    NDS I hope you don't mind if I pray to my "imaginary friend" for you.

    Don't worry. My "imaginary friend" created the heavens and the earth so I am not afraid.
    Hope you don't mind if I pray to my Magic 8 Ball. At least my Magic 8 Ball is a tangible object.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

  4. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Hope you don't mind if I pray to my Magic 8 Ball. At least my Magic 8 Ball is a tangible object.
    Be my guest. If it makes you feel better to believe you were the by product of primordial uz out of a big bang theory than being formed by a Creator then knock yourself out.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  5. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Be my guest. If it makes you feel better to believe you were the by product of primordial uz out of a big bang theory than being formed by a Creator then knock yourself out.
    Who says the Creator didn't use the big bang to create us?

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Иєш Лєяжşєşŧăŋ
    Posts
    1,084
    So god colludes with and acquiesces to lies--if you say so.
    If that's the spin you want to put on it. It may also be that He allows another to lie and lets the individual make up his own mind about things. His allowing Satan to lie to us doesn't make Him the liar, or put Him in collusion. It merely has Him giving us the freedom choice.

    I can understand why you reject a belief on God. I'm certainly no Christian Poster Child. But, from an intellectual view, shouldn't you rather keep your mind open than to intellectualize (rationalize?) it away completely? You can rationalize yourself out of practically any argument. Intellectually, you must admit, there's always the remote possibility that you're actually wrong.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,669
    Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    It was derived through a subsequent amendments to the Constitution and case law. Why reinvent the wheel? If the wikipedia link has the information, why should I waste bandwidth, energy and time rehashing it? You have to look at is today not how it was over two centuries ago. You cannot have Amish beliefs about the law. It is what it is today.
    Pure hogwash. The Constitution is what it is and says what it says; nothing more, nothing less. If you want to change what it says because the times have changed, you can't simply reinterpret it to mean something that it does not say (ie., Separation of church and state); you have to amend it to achieve that effect. Me and you can argue all day on this point, but at the end of the day, the principle of separation of church and state that liberals hold so dear is nowhere to be found in the Constitution. All the first Amendment says is this:

    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."

    That phrase means the same thing today that it meant in 1789 when the Constitution was ratified, and that is that Congress cannot establish a national church. If you want it to mean "Separation of church and state" then have it added to the constitution; since that phrase is nowhere to be found within that document, your arguments using the Constitution to support it are laughable.

  8. Public screwwll got him.

  9. #58
    So are we to take the same stand the liberals take and claim the constitution is a living breathing document subject to change at the whim of the people?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,669
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    So are we to take the same stand the liberals take and claim the constitution is a living breathing document subject to change at the whim of the people?
    That's certainly what he seems to be suggesting.

  11. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    If that's the spin you want to put on it. It may also be that He allows another to lie and lets the individual make up his own mind about things. His allowing Satan to lie to us doesn't make Him the liar, or put Him in collusion. It merely has Him giving us the freedom choice.

    I can understand why you reject a belief on God. I'm certainly no Christian Poster Child. But, from an intellectual view, shouldn't you rather keep your mind open than to intellectualize (rationalize?) it away completely? You can rationalize yourself out of practically any argument. Intellectually, you must admit, there's always the remote possibility that you're actually wrong.
    And here's the problem: we can do this forever. Either one has a need to believe or they don't . Obviously you need an invisible sky wizard to watch over you. I see such as superflous to existence.

    I could argue the point about the 'one in control' allowing=collusion, but in the end it's pointless. As for a remote possibility--I have a remote possibility of winning big if I gamble (lottery, casino, whatever-doesn't matter) so I should wager my money. After all, you can't win if you don't play. That doesn't change the fact that the game (gambling) is morally bankrupt and a way to take money from someone gullible without providing anything of value in return (kind've like organized religion, don'cha think?)...

    Face it: You NEED to believe, why doesn't matter. I don't and can't see why I should pretend.

    I'd really rather not continue this as there is no chance of either of us changing the other's mind. We're back to the old saw about teaching a pig to sing...
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast