Judge says UC can deny religious course credit - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Judge says UC can deny religious course credit

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Pure hogwash.
    Like it or not the Supreme Court has arrived that the Constitution as it stands today calls for a legal seperation of church and state. If you don't like it, you're welcome to get a JD, pass your State Bar exam and challenge it.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

3. I look at my chances of dying and going to hell as 50-50 so if just by doing something different I better my chance of getting Heaven why not. I can bet there is no Heaven but I pray there is no hell.

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    . . . (kind've like organized religion, don'cha think?) . . .
    And right here may lie the problem! I think you're confusing "Faith" and "Christianity" with "Organized Religion". Not at all necessarily one in the same!

But that's OK . . . I'm through here. No one's mind is going to be changed, nor, I feel, is that the intent. Nice conversation, though...I like being able to discuss these things from time to time without anyone getting all PO'd.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    ...I like being able to discuss these things from time to time without anyone getting all PO'd.
    Thank you. I agree and that's why I hate to get involved in these discussions which all to often turn into simple exchanges of emotional vitriol.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Like it or not the Supreme Court has arrived that the Constitution as it stands today calls for a legal seperation of church and state. If you don't like it, you're welcome to get a JD, pass your State Bar exam and challenge it.
    What you're saying is true due to the fact that the Court has read stuff into the Constitution that is simply not there, such as the fantasy principle of separation of church and state. Read the Constitution yourself as it is written (not as you want it to be, but as it is) and tell me where I can find this principle. If you can show it to me, I'll concede defeat to you right here in front of everyone.

What you're saying is true due to the fact that the Court has read stuff into the Constitution that is simply not there, such as the fantasy principle of separation of church and state. Read the Constitution yourself as it is written (not as you want it to be, but as it is) and tell me where I can find this principle. If you can show it to me, I'll concede defeat to you right here in front of everyone.
    What never ceases to amaze me is that people who argue the present day legality of separation of church and state are religious fanatics who do not possess a JD and are not members of any State Bar.

I have pointed to an excellent reference source on how we arrived at that in the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court per our Constitution is the highest court in the land. Until we have those rulings overturned that is the way it is. Our legal system is what it is.

Perhaps if you went to the trouble of getting a JD you would see how we arrived at separation of church and state.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

8. Well look at the mess this country is in and who to blame. The lawyers ,most cant walk and talk at the same time.Have many lawyers in my family and they come to me to protect them.Why are their christian lawyers in disagreement with you?

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    What never ceases to amaze me is that people who argue the present day legality of separation of church and state are religious fanatics who do not possess a JD and are not members of any State Bar.

I have pointed to an excellent reference source on how we arrived at that in the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court per our Constitution is the highest court in the land. Until we have those rulings overturned that is the way it is. Our legal system is what it is.

Perhaps if you went to the trouble of getting a JD you would see how we arrived at separation of church and state.
    I'm sorry, do you have a J.D.?

No, I don't have a J.D., but I do have a B.A. in political science, so I'm just as familiar with constitutional law as the typical law student is, maybe even more so.

Anyway, those same federal judges who invented this constitutional concept are the same judges who found the law barring the possession of firearms by felons to be constitutional, and who also found that the Constitution gives women the right to murder their unborn children.

Don't try to suggest that having a J.D. makes someone more qualified to speak about the Constitution and constitutional case law than me. Just because someone has a J.D. that does not mean that they know what they're talking about. Also, just because someone doesn't have one that does not mean that they don't know anything about constitutional law.

I'm sorry, do you have a J.D.?

No, I don't have a J.D., but I do have a B.A. in political science, so I'm just as familiar with constitutional law as the typical law student is, maybe even more so.

Anyway, those same federal judges who invented this constitutional concept are the same judges who found the law barring the possession of firearms by felons to be constitutional, and who also found that the Constitution gives women the right to murder their unborn children.

Don't try to suggest that having a J.D. makes someone more qualified to speak about the Constitution and constitutional case law than me. Just because someone has a J.D. that does not mean that they know what they're talking about. Also, just because someone doesn't have one that does not mean that they don't know anything about constitutional law.
    Exactly. If you want to know what we have come to with many of our Justices just remember what Thomas Jefferson had to say about them.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

11. Scotus has all kinds of Christian art and the 10 comm.on their wall.If you have a JD you have been feed the most ******** any college can give.I got may bar exam at the VFW in town.
    Last edited by kwo51; 08-23-2008 at 09:10 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast